Aussie knifemakers on IG

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juice

Doesn't even buy knives
Reaction score
A very non-comprehensive list of Aussie knifemakers on IG.

In no real order besides the order I found them in.

Happy to add to the list if you want to throw URLs at me.

There's no image on the page yet as I have no decent knives, and I figured putting up an image of my Shun would be just seen as trolling 😀 I’ll get one up soon… (Yes, I need to contact some of the knife makers and ask to use an image from them, then I'll have a slideshow there.)

It's on my website because then I can update it easily and it's a central location. I'm not trying to drive traffic to it as I get about three visits a day from Google, thus it's not monetisable 🙃

Obviously, if this post is against the rules I assume a mod will delete it and possibly ban me/burn down my apartment block, and that will be the end of that :oops: :)

https://cross.com.au/2020/07/28/aussie-knifemakers-on-ig/

Nice list, cheers!

(There's also Nathan at naroe_blades in the Ad Hills.)

Nice list @juice!

That is why I am an advocate for a wiki section in the forum [see]. I think it would be great for this sort of information (that said, it might be at odds with some of the membership objectives)...

Nice one, there are a lot of interesting Aussie knifemakers.
I'm quite envious.
To add to your list 2 newer ones who looks quite promising:
orzel_knives and isurus_blades

That is why I am an advocate for a wiki section in the forum [see]. I think it would be great for this sort of information (that said, it might be at odds with some of the membership objectives)...
Wiki sections are great - if the software can support it, and if you have people who can put good content into them (without people fighting over the details).

I was on a low carb forum which had been a Facebook site, and they moved to using forum software and made a HUGE noise about how it was so they could make it a complete learning resource with wiki articles and so on, but they quickly discovered that simply being a forum wasn't the same thing as having well-written material to point people at. I wrote them a beginner's guide, but that ended up being about the only purpose-written piece of material they ended up with.

So yes, I agree with you, but a lot of pieces have to fit together to make it work as it should.

Brook Turner @brookturnerblades
Kevin Room @roomcustomknives
Nathan James @nathanjamesknives
Jake Summerell @116blades
Anthony Richards @18cutleryco
@hobartironworks
Jason Ellard @ellardblacksmithing
@bencuttsknifeworks
Luke Wallace @l.a.w_handmade
Sam Heath @sam_heath_knives
Cory Cunningham @pioneer_road
Bryce Morsley @brycemorsleyknives
Ferenc Petho @paprikaknives

Thanks people - had a solid breakfast, ready to get to fixing the list 🙃

I think I'll split them up into states/NZ - the list is too long in one clump, and it's as good a way to split them up as any, especially given some of them offer courses.

Quite the list you've compiled Mic. Thought something like this should exist for a while. You've started one within a couple of weeks of joining. Kudos! 👍
Had a high-quality headache, putting this together allowed me to con myself into believing I'd produced something ;) :p

Wiki sections are great - if the software can support it, and if you have people who can put good content into them (without people fighting over the details).

I was on a low carb forum which had been a Facebook site, and they moved to using forum software and made a HUGE noise about how it was so they could make it a complete learning resource with wiki articles and so on, but they quickly discovered that simply being a forum wasn't the same thing as having well-written material to point people at. I wrote them a beginner's guide, but that ended up being about the only purpose-written piece of material they ended up with.

So yes, I agree with you, but a lot of pieces have to fit together to make it work as it should.

I am with you! I am under no illusions that well written text takes effort and time. The nice thing about this community is that there are some dedicated folk and there is some pretty incredible accumulated knowledge. I think things like glossaries 😬 and lists are no brainers - it doesn't take too much effort to compile them piece by piece. Comprehensive tutorials? Sure... that is a different kettle of fish, KKF probably doesn't want to go in that direction.

You're doing a nice job gathering information. Good job!

Nice work juice.

To my shame, I have none to suggest. Especially after kevpenbanc’s suggestions.

I think I'll split them up into states/NZ
I thought calling a New Zealander an Australian or vice versa was a good way to have the knives drawn at one?
(If this risks a distraction/tangent, I'll leave it for PM.)

Last edited:
Just realised it's been something of a mess for a couple of weeks because WP published the draft I was working on - good stuff, WP 🙃

Back