Avocado Pesto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madelinez

Catcheside Fanatic
Reaction score
Use either a mortar and pestle or a food processor to mix the following ingredients. Don't add the avocado until everything else is blended.

-2 tablespoons of pine nuts,
-4 cloves garlic,
-2 small hass avocados (not shepard, preferably not lamb hass),
-half a lime juiced,
-4 tablespoons of Parmesan style cheese (I would normally use Pecorino Fiore Sardo but the avocado already mellows out the flavor so go for something sharper),
-approximately 100 basil leaves.
-salt and pepper to taste
-mild olive oil to adjust the consistency.

Serves 2-3 with pasta.

I really like this recipe and I've been tweaking it for a while now, the avocado carries the pesto and makes the pasta incredibly creamy without going overboard on dairy. I'll be trying different nuts over the next few iterations.

C0PSMTN.jpg

Apologies for the strange measurements, I don't even own a scale, I just eyeball it and adjust to taste most of the time.

Damn, I really like the idea of avocado in pesto. I'd love to add shredded slow-cooked chicken to this dish.
Shame I can't try it, cause my parrot will demand his share and...
avocado-poisonous-to-birds-warning.jpg

Chicken would be a much better protein choice. I had some salmon in the fridge I needed to use but it doesn't fit the dish in my opinion.

Chicken + cheese + avocado is basically the holy grail of food combinations in my opinion.

Nice--I like the idea of adding avocado to pesto too!
Have you tried with lemon instead of lime?

Back