Stefan's Bakelite

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mother is a big bakelite jewelery collector, there are a few guys with hoards of bakelite from the day... big rods of all kinds of cool shapes! I would love a handle or two with maybe a bakelite furrel! Do you mount handles???

Aeehh, are any of them selling? :)

Thanks guys, I used a whole bunch of red and blue pieces for a series of handles I have on the table right now. It would be so much easier to convince me to use the bakelite more generously if I had a source to restock if I need anything. So, any hints are very welcome.

Stefan

Normally a lady would never say this but, I only want a few inches lol ;)

Stefan, do you have any cool wood that would look hot with a red furrell and butt with a mosaic pin on the butt of the handle?

Normally a lady would never say this but, I only want a few inches lol ;)

:lol2:

Stefan, do you have any cool wood that would look hot with a red furrell and butt with a mosaic pin on the butt of the handle?

Sure, I can have a look. Maybe some desert ironwood? Blackwood or bog oak always work with the colors. I wouldn't choose a wood that is too busy, that way the bakelite gets more spotlight. For what knife size would the handle be?

Stefan can be bought with wine....just sayin :D

:angel2:

Here's a few of my favorite bakelite handles from Stefan...
dscn2191.jpg

This one's my beauty. It's on a Konosuke HD (before there was an HD2). This knife is the reason why I haven't been 'round the forums as of late (i.e. i have no need for another knife ... it was like getting married and not having eyes for another knife). I've been approached by a few wanting to buy the thing (?indecent proposal?), but at the rate that Stefan is using up his bakelite, it might as well be priceless. Thanks so much to both stefan AND dave (someone had to put the thing on).
(P.S. I gave stefan the bakelite for that handle - so don't think he played favorites and cut off a larger slab for me ... he did however provide that ridiculously sexy gray buffalo horn - the fake-damascus spacers were me).
(P.P.S I have a slab of blue left ... for whenever stefan allows custom handles again ...)

Yeah that's an awesome handle you got their Terry. Thanks for letting me do the install. :)

dscn2191.jpg

This one's my beauty. It's on a Konosuke HD (before there was an HD2). This knife is the reason why I haven't been 'round the forums as of late (i.e. i have no need for another knife ... it was like getting married and not having eyes for another knife). I've been approached by a few wanting to buy the thing (?indecent proposal?), but at the rate that Stefan is using up his bakelite, it might as well be priceless. Thanks so much to both stefan AND dave (someone had to put the thing on).
(P.S. I gave stefan the bakelite for that handle - so don't think he played favorites and cut off a larger slab for me ... he did however provide that ridiculously sexy gray buffalo horn - the fake-damascus spacers were me).
(P.P.S I have a slab of blue left ... for whenever stefan allows custom handles again ...)

It's just downright sexy. I'm lusting over it lol

Back