Be careful of ordering unique items from Epicurean Edge, buggy web site

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for the record, I have ordered more than once from EE. The process was not only seamless and problem free, I was given a courtesy discount as a forum member. They were not for items you would normally expect a discount for. Maybe it was the amount of the initial order. There is nothing buggy about the web site.

Oh sheesh, we already explained what went wrong but for the record: I left an item in my cart overnight while I waited for Dan to answer a question. After I got the answer I completed the order. AT that time the website did not verify that an item in the cart was still available when an order was finalized, it only did the verification once - when the item was placed in the cart.

Thus my order was completed, my credit card charged even though in the interim the item had sold only to have to to be reversed later on. As a computer guy, I can safely say this is a shopping cart bug that I believe Dan has already fixed and in any case Dan (and Bill of course) stepped up to the plate to get me a similar knife more quickly than I could have hoped for!

I'm glad you did get a knife you are happy with but your last post changes nothing in this thread so far. Nice try though. ;)

HaHaHa, Good try you guys. Maybee I should make a biiigggg loaf of damascus then all you whiners can get a knife.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I'm all for the big loaf. Count me in

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Back