• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Traded beautiful Watanabe 300mm Yanagiba Kintaro Ame Ku with Saya

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
beautiful Watanabe 300mm Yanagiba Kintaro Ame Ku with Saya

$1100 incl. Paypal and shipping worldwide ( if you prefer an alternative to Paypal or if you live in Eu, we can talk ;-) )

This is the one from my avatar.
Zero low spots, top geometry
White#1 with beautiful kintaro ame
Kuruchi
Octogonal handle
Friction saya
Perfect ura
Mirror polished ura + KU+ perfect geometry =it won‘t rust that soon
very, very tough blade but amazingly sharp
Finger stone polish but this kintaro ame gives the best results by sharpening on benchstones. The optic lives litterally from unperfect polish, the damascus lines sparkle wonderfully.
I got great results on any stones, even on synth but my best bet is a middle to hard Jnat. Don‘t be affraid to scratch the blade!
It won‘t damage it (only surface) and will rather look good.
Funnest knife to polish I‘ve had.

Pictures are coming.

Already withdrawn the sale twice in the past but this time it is really for sale ;-)

Last edited:
That a beautiful knife! Very impressive stonework.

And with your photography skills I think you could sell a rusty nail!
Thanks ;-)

..even if I feel my finish is "wrong" on this blade. I should have done a dirty, don't-give-a-fck-style, creased aluminium foil surface..

Can't sell this at 1k and Kato KU goes for 2k? Shame on you kkf ;)

Cheers

God, if this was left handed I'd buy it and start over getting rid of others.

Insane piece, good price. Shame noone is grabbing this one. GLWS!

Wow, that is an epic knife. I'd offer you a Tansu damasteel gyuto as a trade but I doubt it's something you'd be interested in.

Hi, not sure if this is what you like, but hey if you don't try...your knife is for sale some time.

I like Wat a lot and have some knives of him. To try a white #1 and a large yanagi is tempting for me. So are you open for a trade of a Wat yanagi + cash.
My yanagi knife is a Blue #2 with a 240mm blade, with Ho wood octo handle and a nice white buffalo horn. Including a matching original saya and the box of Wat. So a complete package.

It is used very little in a small household, not seen any heavy stones. Good as new I would say - certainly with your impressive grinding skills! :)

I live in the EU - the Netherlands. So easy to deal. (I've also seen your add in the German kochmalscharf forum).
Anyway please let me know, I can send more details or pictures if you like,
best regards, Rolf

Hi, not sure if this is what you like, but hey if you don't try...your knife is for sale some time.

I like Wat a lot and have some knives of him. To try a white #1 and a large yanagi is tempting for me. So are you open for a trade of a Wat yanagi + cash.
My yanagi knife is a Blue #2 with a 240mm blade, with Ho wood octo handle and a nice white buffalo horn. Including a matching original saya and the box of Wat. So a complete package.

It is used very little in a small household, not seen any heavy stones. Good as new I would say - certainly with your impressive grinding skills! :)

I live in the EU - the Netherlands. So easy to deal. (I've also seen your add in the German kochmalscharf forum).
Anyway please let me know, I can send more details or pictures if you like,
best regards, Rolf
hmmm.. I have been thinking about a Caublestone these last days but I send you a message when I‘ll be at home

Hello, I apologize in advance if it's inappropriate for me to reply to this thread since the deal is done. I'm new to this whole thing but I had some questions about the polish of a knife like this. (Please correct me if I'm using the wrong terminology as well.)

The polished parts of the blade are beautiful, but are the little holes on the kanji side of the blade not considered to be like pitting? Does the unevenness of the surface negatively affect the performance or value of the knife at all? Thank you!

Hello, I apologize in advance if it's inappropriate for me to reply to this thread since the deal is done. I'm new to this whole thing but I had some questions about the polish of a knife like this. (Please correct me if I'm using the wrong terminology as well.)

The polished parts of the blade are beautiful, but are the little holes on the kanji side of the blade not considered to be like pitting? Does the unevenness of the surface negatively affect the performance or value of the knife at all? Thank you!
thanks for your very interesting post.
no and no.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back