Beer, beer, beer!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheap Weller is my go-to bottom shelfer. Finishes great.

OT, but IMO there is always room for bourbon.

The "cheap" Weller is one of the best bargains at the liquor store. I was surprised that Buffalo Trace didn't jack the price up when they bought Weller and redid the product line. The Weller stuff offers really good bang for the buck even at the high end of the line like Makers and Woodford.
Cheap Weller is my go-to bottom shelfer. Finishes great.

OT, but IMO there is always room for bourbon.

Thanls guys, got to look for Weller's out here. I am usually more of a single malt drinker, but sometimes a nice bourbon is just the right thing. And I happen to like mint juleps - having the climate for them year-round is a good thing :)

As for the Staropramen - not sure I ever had that, but chances are that one of the dozens of beers I had in Prague a few years ago was one :) i tell you, sitting outside in the sun at a nice plaza in Prague with a fresh local pilsener style beer - it doesn't get much better than that.

Stefan

IIRC, Staropramen is the big local pils in Prague. As for the bourbon, I was raised a wheated bourbon drinker so when I went looking for a single malt, a guy at a store that sold a LOT of them suggested that as a Makers and Weller drinker, I would probably like Dalhwinie, which I did. if you are used to a more robust malt, you might also want to check out one of the more traditional higher end bourbons that has a bit of rye in the mashbill(which most do) instead of winter wheat. I like Woodford Reserve and Basil Hayden.
Thanls guys, got to look for Weller's out here. I am usually more of a single malt drinker, but sometimes a nice bourbon is just the right thing. And I happen to like mint juleps - having the climate for them year-round is a good thing :)

As for the Staropramen - not sure I ever had that, but chances are that one of the dozens of beers I had in Prague a few years ago was one :) i tell you, sitting outside in the sun at a nice plaza in Prague with a fresh local pilsener style beer - it doesn't get much better than that.

Stefan

Latest posts

Back