Quantcast

Being a Lefty can be a good thing!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

El Pescador

Engorged Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
A picture can be worth a thousand words...

IMAG0033.jpg

tk59

Founding Member
Reaction score
Haha. For anyone who is interested, that is a kasumi Mizuno gyuto sticking to the side of a potato after completing a slice. We cut a bunch of potatoes using several knives. The two standouts were on loan: this knife and the Gengetsu 240 carried by JKI. The funny thing was, Pesky kept raving about the Miz but I didn't feel it was nearly as amazing a cutter as he did. It had significant sticking issues, too, whereas I felt the Gengetsu definitely ranked among the finest cutters I've had the pleasure of using. Anyway, I tried cutting potatoes using every possible motion and all parts of the blade and felt it was equally uninspiring. Then, Pesky gave it another shot, made a few slices and then let go of the knife and this picture shows what happened next: nothing. Perfect release for a lefty and perfect sticktion on the right side. Pretty funny, no?

Deckhand

Reaction score
Nice photo with a good story,and you can use a Kanisaki deba as a regular single bevel:biggrin:

sachem allison

Supporting Member
Reaction score
in the olden times they used to burn crazy left handed people alive, said they was touched by the devil. I'm just saying....look around.:O

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah, lefties suck!

mc2442

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Freaks!!!

Righties Rule!

"Left handed people belong in zoos" This cracked me up.

tk59

Founding Member
Reaction score
Haha, I'd join in on the lefty-bashing but the gentleman that loaned me the knives is a very large lefty and my wife is also a lefty, lol. :)