• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Bench sized nagura

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
These are some of the most interesting stones to play with in my opinion. Depending on surface prep you can get a wide variety of behaviors that each have their own benefit. With a forced slurry it cuts relatively quickly and can eat up 3k+ synthetic scratches (I’ve gotten good results off a Shapton Glass 2k as well, but I think 3k is a better start point) leaving a nice working finish akin to an Aizu or Ikarashi, but a bit finer. If you lap the surface a bit more finely and rinse the surface, you can really refine the polish leading to very detailed polishes that highlight the grain and structure of the steel. These aren’t as “scratch free” as a fine honyama suita, but it’s a very pleasing finish with oodles of detail.

This is a great looking and large example. I found it works best after a 5-15 minute soak before use. I am including a nagura that I found a great match for smoothing the surface for burnishing or raising a more refined slurry. Lots of fun to manipulate the surface prep, water management, pressure, etc. and see how the finish changes. Only selling because I have my eyes on a Koma.

1,538g, nagura 130g
223x80x36
$350 OBO
04DE361A-5EAF-40FB-9B70-BCDE42A8EEE4.jpeg
51D2131C-AD1E-433C-A088-C6E997D878CD.jpeg

koma nagura

are

reallllyyyyy niceeeeeeee. fast, consistent fine and chalky in a great way

I have an old stock mikawa one . . . tiny tho . . .

glws

Last edited:
A stone this size, this pretty, will cost more from someone else.Mikawa's highly underrated

Reputable seller too!

Latest posts

Back