Best benchmark or reference classic 240 mm wa-gyuto knife?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

M1k3

Reaction score
1. Go into razor sharp.
2. Pick out some knives to try out.
3. Do your best mall ninja routine.
4. Pick a knife roll.
5. Buy the knives and roll you like.
6. Go home and use them.
7. When dull, see step 1.

Qapla'

Reaction score
1. Go into razor sharp.
2. Pick out some knives to try out.
3. Do your best mall ninja routine.
4. Pick a knife roll.
5. Buy the knives and roll you like.
6. Go home and use them.
7. When dull, see step 1.
I'd modify #7 to "When the knives get dull, get some actual experience sharpening them.", and shift "see step 1" to #8.

I wonder if the forum's Singaporeans could translate that sequence into Singlish?

zizirex

Reaction score
Just buy the knife lah.. don't play play too much with this forum. if you want play play just go to Geylang.. but eiyy it is still Covid.
Just go to RazorSharp or maybe contact with KitchinTools, maybe you find SHIOK deals arhh.

M1k3

Reaction score
I'd modify #7 to "When the knives get dull, get some actual experience sharpening them.", and shift "see step 1" to #8.

I wonder if the forum's Singaporeans could translate that sequence into Singlish?
Could. Buy knife first.

ian

Supporting Member
Reaction score

labor of love

Reaction score

ian

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is @valgard on the market? I peeked at his Insta and he has incredible pictures of brisket there.
I was thinking about how to include him, but I couldn’t think of a way to pigeonhole his type of cooking. Since he has the funds for 10,000,000 jnats, though, I suspect he’s not for sale. ;)

valgard

Stones Addict (terminal case)
Reaction score
I was thinking about how to include him, but I couldn’t think of a way to pigeonhole his type of cooking. Since he has the funds for 10,000,000 jnats, though, I suspect he’s not for sale. ;)
Lolz

juice

knife knoob
Reaction score
Going drinking with Koreans reminds me of that thing where they let a spectator take a few passenger laps at a NASCAR event.
Both involve puke and feeling like you might die...
Back when I was a TV journo I did a few laps in a speedway (dirt) car - 160km/h a few cm away from the large concrete was was AWESOME! A few years earlier I did some laps in a V8 Supercar (more NASCAResque), and it was more fun, and had much better G-forces, but for the feeling of speed, that wall you could reach out and touch was hard to beat...

I don't even like fish
ME TOO! BYE!

(I don't mind some seafood, but man, I hate fish. Which is a bummer when you're low-carb :confused: