Best benchmark or reference classic 240 mm wa-gyuto knife?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Go into razor sharp.
2. Pick out some knives to try out.
3. Do your best mall ninja routine.
4. Pick a knife roll.
5. Buy the knives and roll you like.
6. Go home and use them.
7. When dull, see step 1.
I'd modify #7 to "When the knives get dull, get some actual experience sharpening them.", and shift "see step 1" to #8.

I wonder if the forum's Singaporeans could translate that sequence into Singlish?

278A61A5-52B5-4F3E-8E62-9016D5F5CE48.png
Yea, depends on what you want to eat. For bread, hire @Michi. For beige food, hire @Carl Kotte. For cajun, @labor of love . For bento boxes, @Xenif. For fancy plates and colors, @Dutch chef. For seafood, @Boondocker. If you like nutmeg in everything, there’s always @nutmeg. I will make you breakfast potatoes. @panda will get you wasted. If you make a mistake and hire a bad exec chef, @M1k3 will ‘take care of him’ for you.

I was thinking about how to include him, but I couldn’t think of a way to pigeonhole his type of cooking. Since he has the funds for 10,000,000 jnats, though, I suspect he’s not for sale. ;)
Lolz

Going drinking with Koreans reminds me of that thing where they let a spectator take a few passenger laps at a NASCAR event.
Both involve puke and feeling like you might die...
Back when I was a TV journo I did a few laps in a speedway (dirt) car - 160km/h a few cm away from the large concrete was was AWESOME! A few years earlier I did some laps in a V8 Supercar (more NASCAResque), and it was more fun, and had much better G-forces, but for the feeling of speed, that wall you could reach out and touch was hard to beat...

I don't even like fish
ME TOO! BYE!

(I don't mind some seafood, but man, I hate fish. Which is a bummer when you're low-carb :confused:

Latest posts

Back