Best ice wands?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We’ve been using these rapi-kool by San jamar, ordered from Hubert.

2gvvk48.jpg

Problem is they keep breaking on us. They seem to shatter in the freezer, and I’m very sure to not overfil them. We’ve probably broken 5 of them last year, at about $30 or so each it’s getting ridiculous. With soup season around the corner here I’d like to look at my other options. What brands do you guys use to stave off the local health department?

Right? I’m pretty unhappy with them. It’s always the same part on the side that just cracks from the ice expanding. I’ve tried underfilling them even, but the ice seems to want to push the plastic outward

The only ones I've seen grow a leak were bounced on the floor while frozen, then when thawing they leak. Not a lot of data points - 30 bucks is a lot for a plastic milk jug that's tinted blue.

May have to explore that route. Seattle was doing some amazon fresh local delivery stuff for a while. Eventually they stopped using ice packs and started freezing single use water bottles. Bastards

Latest posts

Back