Best knife collection threads?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josemartinlopez

我會買所有的獨角獸
Reaction score
Does anyone have a "greatest hits" or "hall of fame" for threads on members' knife collections? I've been enjoying the threads on the forum, but was hoping to see discussions about knives in the context of a collection. It's one thing to read reviews about a great knife, especially a workhorse like a main gyuto where preferences are widely discussed. But I'd love to read discussions about where a knife fits in with what a member already has and how the collection reflects his preferences across a set of knives (and how to avoid redundant but tempting buys!). I'd also love to get more context on which knives are the daily drivers and which are special occasion or narrow use secondary knives (sometimes, these are not what we think when we first buy a knife). Finally, I'd also love to get more context on what the owner of a particular collection is looking for and what gaps might be filled in terms of next purchases.

Can anyone recommend some good threads? I tried searching but couldn't pick out the threads, and which members are particularly thoughtful in terms of presenting their collection.

Anyone have links to threads where they talk through their collections?

Latest posts

Back