Best knife for Potatoes??

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First is a Mac - honestly doesn't suction much. It's not a food release beast, but slices fall off pretty easy during prep. Second two are both Bazes. Laser thin, forged hollow, I'll see if I can get a choil manana

Last edited:
Possibly not for the Mac, but in comparing with the other two… it « sucks ». Would still like to see the choil, never seen any.

Bazes I never heard of. If similar grinds then I seemed to remark something like a kurouchi on the first. Would you say it plays a role? Thing is, where the second Bazes sticks more is with the shallow end of the potatoes so kurouchi or whatever on the first shouldn’t have much impact there. Different bevel finish on both?

The Mac is my beater and experiment knife, so it's fat BTE. Bazes is unsharpenes.
066D1E2A-A7C0-49C7-BFA4-55E0B2C4F450.jpeg
C260F5CF-2C46-4559-885C-BCA442724AD4.jpeg

😂😂😂

You sure never used a Nakiri…

Indeed!

Proper… just the guy’s face was spelling rock chop already. Which is an ok technique against what is truly improper. Especially useful to make dull clunkers work sort of ok.
Proper… just the guy’s face was spelling rock chop already. Which is an ok technique against what is truly improper. Especially useful to make dull clunkers work sort of ok.
😉. True.

Back