best knife for the impending coronavirus zombie apocalypse?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

inferno

Reaction score
Yeah just wanted to check with you guys which kitchen knife would be best for self defense when the coronavirus zombies starts showing up?

I guess i should have filled in the questionnaire, but its too long.

I think my preferred coronavirus zombie apocalypse repellant tool would be a cheap aus8 deba.
its quite strong and beefy and it seems plenty tough and durable.

What would you choose? 240 gyuto?

minibatataman

Reaction score
Cheap tuna sword. I think the extra range will help against those pesky sneezers. Something cheap because I want it tough, not pretty.

On a more serious note, I feel the media is sensationalizing something that's not that big (yet).
People are freaking out about 40 something deaths. The flu killed 80,000 last year. One should always be cautious but I can't help but feel this is only getting so much traction because WW3 is no longer big news and they need to find that next big thing to scare people about.

Corradobrit1

Reaction score
Last edited:

WildBoar

Home cook, knife accumulator
Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm banking on 'the knife' being a Martell Suji or a Burke scimitar. If it isn't I will be farked.

Kristoffer

Reaction score
Another vote for length! 300 mm + is the way to go.

I’m a bit worried the 90/10 edge on the Masahiro might steer something terrible though.

Caleb Cox

Reaction score
20200108_120148.jpg
Not sure where the blade for this beast came from (I'm guessing Ebay) but I added a lacewood handle for a touch of class. Like the bottle opener on the spine.

danemonji

Reaction score
My kato 240 wh pair dual wield should do the trick together with my gransfors bruks small forest axe.

M1k3

Reaction score
Something Munetoshi. On a pole or something.

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Easy day. 320mm Gude. Next question?

TSF415

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think my hvb 270 workhorse will be perfect. Nice heavy handle I can use to just “pistol whip” someone with if I’m unsure at the time of they’re zombie or not.

thebradleycrew

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on, folks. If a zombie apocalypse hits, the best knife is clearly going to be a SCAR 17. I don't want to be anywhere near folks to risk getting sick, so I'd rather "reach out" and engage them in another way.

Hassanbensober

Supporting Member
Reaction score
can i ask what the second from the left is because thats the knife i want for the coronavirus Armageddon
Yoshimune negikiri water melon knife. For obvious reasons if you bring one of these to work everyone will be very interested.

GorillaGrunt

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If a am ever awoke by an intruder I’m coming out of my bedroom with something scary. Not pictured foster brothers hog splitter. View attachment 70016
is that that 400mm nakiri that was on knifewear?

Not having that I’d have to go with my Tou 300mm sakimaru sujihiki. They delivered it to my work and one of my cooks saw the long box from Japan and said “oh, what’s in there, a katana?” I said “funny you should say that...”