best knife for the impending coronavirus zombie apocalypse?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inferno

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) <*))))><
Reaction score
Yeah just wanted to check with you guys which kitchen knife would be best for self defense when the coronavirus zombies starts showing up?

I guess i should have filled in the questionnaire, but its too long.

I think my preferred coronavirus zombie apocalypse repellant tool would be a cheap aus8 deba.
its quite strong and beefy and it seems plenty tough and durable.

What would you choose? 240 gyuto?

Cheap tuna sword. I think the extra range will help against those pesky sneezers. Something cheap because I want it tough, not pretty.

On a more serious note, I feel the media is sensationalizing something that's not that big (yet).
People are freaking out about 40 something deaths. The flu killed 80,000 last year. One should always be cautious but I can't help but feel this is only getting so much traction because WW3 is no longer big news and they need to find that next big thing to scare people about.

Last edited:
Another vote for length! 300 mm + is the way to go.

I’m a bit worried the 90/10 edge on the Masahiro might steer something terrible though.

I noticed the new recipes sub forum. Anybody got a good bat soup recipe they would care to share?
bushmeat.jpg

Yumyum. Perfectly seasoned with Coronavirus

20200108_120148.jpg
Not sure where the blade for this beast came from (I'm guessing Ebay) but I added a lacewood handle for a touch of class. Like the bottle opener on the spine.

My kato 240 wh pair dual wield should do the trick together with my gransfors bruks small forest axe.

Come on, folks. If a zombie apocalypse hits, the best knife is clearly going to be a SCAR 17. I don't want to be anywhere near folks to risk getting sick, so I'd rather "reach out" and engage them in another way.

If a am ever awoke by an intruder I’m coming out of my bedroom with something scary. Not pictured foster brothers hog splitter. View attachment 70016

is that that 400mm nakiri that was on knifewear?

Not having that I’d have to go with my Tou 300mm sakimaru sujihiki. They delivered it to my work and one of my cooks saw the long box from Japan and said “oh, what’s in there, a katana?” I said “funny you should say that...”

Back