Best wood for cutting board ao/sg knifes

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given the size, I'd use it without feet. You may find that you don't even need an anti-slip mat, depending on your benchtop surface.
Do you think is enough for general use? I don’t want a too much big board that is uncomfortable to move and store

Do you think is enough for general use? I don’t want a too much big board that is uncomfortable to move and store
Impossible to tell without seeing your kitchen and how you cook :) It's a decent size. Just compare to the cutting board you have now. If you are happy with that size and the new is at least as large, you won't be disappointed.

Keep in mind that area goes up as the square of the lengths of the sides, so a fairly small increment in length and width adds more real estate than you would intuitively expect. for what it's worth, the board you linked to is pretty generous, in my opinion. Larger than that gets into truly big (and heavy) territory.

I'd like to give another recommendation for Hasegawa boards. I have the wooden core board and it keeps flat, lighter than solid plastic or thick boards and is generally easy to clean. The textured surface is so nice to work on and even very thin edges dont dig into it as much compared with endgrain wood. The only downside for these boards is that you cant sand and refinish the surface like with some solid plastic and wood boards so I only reserve it for delicate cutting tasks.

Last edited:
Impossible to tell without seeing your kitchen and how you cook :) It's a decent size. Just compare to the cutting board you have now. If you are happy with that size and the new is at least as large, you won't be disappointed.

Keep in mind that area goes up as the square of the lengths of the sides, so a fairly small increment in length and width adds more real estate than you would intuitively expect. for what it's worth, the board you linked to is pretty generous, in my opinion. Larger than that gets into truly big (and heavy) territory.

Thanks I really appreciate your help. My actual board is 50x35 is a little bit bigger but is way too much I think for me

Only one name in cutting boards. :D

23tpcoh.jpg

I'd like to give another recommendation for Hasegawa boards. I have the wooden core board and it keeps flat, lighter than solid plastic or thick boards and is generally easy to clean. The textured surface is so nice to work on and even very thin edges dont dig into it as much compared with endgrain wood. The only downside for these boards is that you cant sand and refinish the surface like with some solid plastic and wood boards so I only reserve it for delicate cutting tasks.
Do you cut vege likes spring onion or chives on hasegawa or you prefer not to cut?

I'm thinking to get one hasegawa, currently using korin brand hi-soft.

I just recently bought a hasegawa, since it was the only brand I found in Eu to avoid customs vat a high freight costs. I use mine for meat, fish, vegetables and tomatoes and stuff, more or less everything so far. I would like to try the Korin hi soft but shipping is to high to Eu

I just recently bought a hasegawa, since it was the only brand I found in Eu to avoid customs vat a high freight costs. I use mine for meat, fish, vegetables and tomatoes and stuff, more or less everything so far. I would like to try the Korin hi soft but shipping is to high to Eu
Which one you take?

I'm currently using hi-soft cutting board from korin. at the first very good, but not good for too much push cutting as the edge scratch into the cutting board &,very hard to get rid off.

My master using Asahi from korin.

I feel much better than mine.

I bought the smallest 39x26 cm just to try the waters. Seems like different opinions which brand is the best. Anyone knows which cutting black boards that show in the netflix 42g?

Back