bikes bikes bikes

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't really make heads or tails of the photo, but if the piston isn't retracting, I'd pull the wheel out, remove and inspect the pads, and gently lever the piston back in to the caliper (using a bicycle tire lever or anything wide, flat and rigid enough).

If the pads are thin - like almost as thin as the spring clip - I'd replace them and hope that it solves the problem (which may have been that the piston was just getting out towards the end of its range and getting ****-eyed).

Thanks that's what I expected grabbing brakes on down hill over 4.5 miles front brake takes most of it. Little over 3 months if weather good riding consecutive days. Rim brakes last much longer. Called bike shop they told me down hill on Tantalus as much as I've been doing it goes through brake pads on disk brakes. I've ridden my Lemond road bike couple times just test my knee. Climbing out of the saddle some. Going to buy clip on pedals for the Specialized bike. Don't like those flat plastic pedals & for climbing out of the saddle need clip ons esp. in the wet.

Were you on organic/resin pads? I wonder if metallic ones might wear a little longer with those descents. They typically last longer in the wet, that's for sure.

Just got back from bike shop he said uneven wear on front pads rear brakes are fine. Going to bleed the line & put new pads on front. Bike fell over leaned against poles at summit been very windy this week strong gusts got worse when that happened thought the pedal & handlebar grip caught he said maybe affected fluid well attached to brake lever.

Going to bleed the line

This does wonders for brakes. Sounds like you are on the right track.

If you want to maintain good braking feel/performance, unfortunately bleeding is one of those routine maintenance tasks you need to do. It is worth learning how to do at home. There are lots of good video tutorials online. If you can sharpen a knife, you can bleed hydraulic push-bike brakes ;)

If you have SRAM, just beware that DOT fluid is corrosive. Try not to get it on your lovely new bike frame or your skin (wear gloves)!

Couldn't agree with you more. When I tore quad tendon in right knee almost 14 years ago figured cycling days over sold my bike & tools. Shoes, riding pants, jerseys all long gone.

Had to buy bike, shoes, pants, gloves, helmet, water bottles, pump. Tools are next.
Ytube is great used it many times for do it yourself activities. First tool I have picked up is for taking off master link on chain. This type of link is different than my old chains.

The bike shop here is very fair & supportive good to see operation of people that love bikes & riding.

:love: my bike, too. I'm a bike commuter.

Attachments

• IMG_20221214_220651.jpg
    IMG_20221214_220651.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
My last motorcycle was a Kawasaki 650-R Twin. Really liked that bike reliable, thin & nimble. Got my driver's licence day I turned 15 already had been riding motor scooters & small Italian made Harley all around on the dirt & gravel back roads.

My last motorcycle was a Kawasaki 650-R Twin. Really liked that bike reliable, thin & nimble. Got my driver's licence day I turned 15 already had been riding motor scooters & small Italian made Harley all around on the dirt & gravel back roads.
Japanese as always, reliable in all things, be it bikes, cars or knives

So I lost the fight with my roadbike friends and bought my first roadbike... The bike is absolute 🚀🚀🚀

Still rideable even in winter (35mm Conti Terra Speed tyres).
Trek Domane SLR Gen 4
It s on Shimano 105 Di and carbon wheels.

I know those fender are blah but Im so happy I gott em in this weather...

Attachments

• Rocket.jpg
    Rocket.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
So I lost the fight with my roadbike friends and bought my first roadbike... The bike is absolute 🚀🚀🚀

Still rideable even in winter (35mm Conti Terra Speed tyres).
Trek Domane SLR Gen 4
It s on Shimano 105 Di and carbon wheels.

I know those fender are blah but Im so happy I gott em in this weather...
Nice bike

Hey folks and friends of KKF - short time offer I'd like to extend to you all, lasting for 2 weeks. I'm currently working with a bicycle company that some of you might recognize, Parlee Cycles, www.parleecycles.com, https://www.instagram.com/parleecycles/. We make some of the best carbon fiber road and gravel bikes in the world. They are high end, beautiful, excellent bikes that ride very, very well. We manufacture some in the US in Beverly, MA at our HQ and some overseas. I'm willing to offer a deal to KKF members to purchase our bikes (or frames) at dealer pricing on select bikes we have in inventory currently. If anyone is seriously interested, please PM me and we can discuss further. International is fine also, though shipping is pretty high right now. I thought it would be a nice offer to KKF folks that I've not see before.

Last edited:
Hey folks and friends of KKF - short time offer I'd like to extend to you all, lasting for 2 weeks. I'm currently working with a bicycle company that some of you might recognize, Parlee Cycles, www.parleecycles.com, https://www.instagram.com/parleecycles/. We make some of the best carbon fiber road and gravel bikes in the world. They are high end, beautiful, excellent bikes that ride very, very well. We manufacture some in the US in Beverly, MA at our HQ and some overseas. I'm willing to offer a deal to KKF members to purchase our bikes (or frames) at dealer pricing on select bikes we have in inventory currently. If anyone is seriously interest, please PM we and we can discuss further. International is fine also, though shipping is pretty high right now. I thought it would be a nice offer to KKF folks that I've not see before.

Parlee makes some great stuff. If I were even remotely in the market for a new bike/frame, I'd be all over this.

Very nice. Interesting that the stand has both wheels off the ground. And do you fly that helicopter in the background?
The stand function slightly like a Jack, you step on the lever and use your body weight to lift the bike up. I fly for a living, the helicopter in question is a R66 mostly used for game and fish contract work(Animal survey/Capture).

@vv10 I love Heliocopters. Once had a Bell Jet Ranger 5 seater flown out to my neighborhood to take me for a bit of flying up the front range of Colorado near Denver. One of the best memories. I have some envy for you being able to fly Heliocopters.

My first flying job was in a JetRanger, awesome helicopters for sure. Only reason we swapped over to R66s is they have awesome visibility for animal surveys. I’ve only ever flown through Colorado on the way to somewhere but I’ve spent a bunch of time flying in Wyoming, some really cool country!

@vv10 - I was learning to fly East of Denver a long time ago. Colorado flying is not for everyone, but well worth it when you can do it. And great on using that Helio for the animal surveys. Do you carry your bike in it so you can get out to get to non-flyable locations near a landing area?

Back