• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Bin Sale: Bunch of knives, cumulative rebates, special combo offer.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ModRQC

Just shutup n' grabbit!
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_2882.jpg

IMG_2883.jpg

CORE LINEUP

Myojin SG2 Kasumi Gyuto 180mm: 240$ USD SOLD

176/45 147g neutral balance.

IMG_2889.jpg
IMG_2890.jpg

My original review thread is all that’s needed to know as there’s not even been a touch up since:

Review: Myojin Riki Seisakucho

…so basically it was sharpened once and the lacquer was removed. Handle is the usual Wenge/Horn of that series.

Sukenari AS Migaki Gyuto 225mm: 215$ 205$ USD SOLD

215/47 190g slight forward balance.

IMG_2891.jpg
IMG_2892.jpg

Original review thread still relevant for most specs and details...

Review: Sukenari AS 225mm Gyuto

… but this one has been with me over a year, sharpened a few times, thinned once with the core brought to quite mirror polish but otherwise just some light sandpaper blending work for refinish. Handle was sanded into what I call “Stealth KNS Ebony”: dark lacquered sheen out, wood grain and some needed texture in. See most of the major work done here:

WTS - Hi-Jacked Pack: Sukenari AS, Yoshikane SKD, S. Tanaka Ginsan, Arashiyama, Kitayama & Bonus + Noob extra

Yoshikane SKD Nashiji Bunka 165mm: 200$ 190$ USD

167/51 145g slight forward balance.

IMG_2884.jpg
IMG_2885.jpg

Original review thread for more details:

Comparative Review: Three Small Sanjos

Since then sharpened once and touched up once, used on a few occasions. A few light scuffs on the left side. Handle is a Teak/Horn.

Matsubara A#2 Tuschime Nakiri 165mm: 160$ 150$ USD SOLD

165/59 175g strong forward balance.

IMG_2886.jpg
IMG_2888.jpg

Original review thread for more details:

Tall Tale Review: K. Tanaka Tsuchime Nakiri (Matsubara)

Since then sharpened once and used a fair bit. Handle is a Wenge monopiece.

Ok now...

Get 2 = 25$ off.

Get all 3 = 40$ 50$ off.

Get all 4 = 60$ off.

Shi.Han Combo Offer:

WTS - Shi.Han “Old Stock” Mono 52100 (Silk Pouch/Original “Kanji”)

- 35$ USD off on the Shi.Han combined with any 1 Core;

- 50$ USD off on the Shi.Han combined with any 2 Core.

All knives have their original box. Shipped Canada/ConUS – I need the zip code to validate a very few exceptions (IME) to this. Up to a maximum of 10$ USD extra cost for weird spots, as a general rule, could be required there.

Last edited:
That Tanaka ginsan is a steal. If I was just starting/rebuilding a collection that and the Myojin or Yoshi would be a great two-and-done solution for all my small knife / stainless needs...

Agreed. I've wanted to try their AS for a long time, and a 215 is the perfect length for a daily driver. I have a ZDP 270 and 240 HAP40... used to have a 210 R2 that was really more like a 202mm and was a bit too short for me. Anyway... buy now, think later!

Lots of beautiful stuff on offer here. GLWS!

Updates:

A friend is interested with the Makoto Kurosaki. Going to lend it to him and hope to sell avoiding all fees.

So the add-ons are no more.

I majored the rebate for getting all three remaining Core

I am also going to do a bit of a drop on the Shi.Han's sale price. Tonight when I got a bit more time... Edit: DONE!

Last edited:
Agreed. I've wanted to try their AS for a long time, and a 215 is the perfect length for a daily driver. I have a ZDP 270 and 240 HAP40... used to have a 210 R2 that was really more like a 202mm and was a bit too short for me. Anyway... buy now, think later!

Lots of beautiful stuff on offer here. GLWS!
Yes yes please do! :D

Very nice pair for good price! Good pick for the buyer! Congrats! Im very intrigued by the Myojin SG2
It’s really good. Don’t hesitate to pick one in your favorite format. It’s been by far my best 180mm to date. SG2 there really holds the candle for a satisfying amount of preps. As a home cook I didn’t even have to go into a touch up routine once despite using it as often as I could.

But I want to try some more blades in that format. Leaving its spot open will help! 😜

I’m sure it really is! It’s in my list for sure, as of right now my rotation for home use is Konosuke Sumiiro petty 150 mm, Takamura Chromax 210 mm, Konosuke Fujiyama B2 210 mm & Wakui stainless clad 240 mm in White 2 core.

I’m sure it really is! It’s in my list for sure, as of right now my rotation for home use is Konosuke Sumiiro petty 150 mm, Takamura Chromax 210 mm, Konosuke Fujiyama B2 210 mm & Wakui stainless clad 240 mm in White 2 core.

“None of my friends want to talk about KNIVES!” 🤣😂😅😒😶

Good one!

Back to topic: this a good lineup of knives, really. Only thing that came to mind trying to find a gap or a fault in it is that if you must add a 180mm-like, or any other length, perhaps the most you're lacking on is a tall blade. Then again, maybe it's been there done that to you. One thing for sure, Myojin doesn't provide and rarely sharpens extra tall blades much of anywhere he dabs into.

Only thing that came to mind trying to find a gap or a fault in it is that if you must add a 180mm-like, or any other length, perhaps the most you're lacking on is a tall blade.

I do have a 170 mm retired Santoku and a retired 165 mm Bunka.

I have been thinking a lot about grabbing a 180 mm and it's going to be either Myojin or a more simple brand (JCK).

Thanks for the suggestion and GLWS on your other knives.

P.S: Keep up the good work with the reviews (yours had a major impact in my Chromax buy 😅).

Sukenari + Matsubara sold. Thanks to the buyer, and thanks to KKF.

This late sale of course renders the "Bin sale" quite obsolete, so...

This thread is now Withdrawn - for being mostly sold!

Back