Bios? Bios? anyone?....Bios?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just say it was a steal at 98% off. I was gonna post until the knife showed up too.:knifed:

I've been cooking since I was 7. Mom got me up on a step stool and had me cooking dinner at least once a week. Was also taught how to sharpen knives at that age on oil stones. Was always pretty good at school and started going to college for mechanical engineering. Was young, and not sure what I wanted to do with the degree, so I stopped, and became a dishwasher for some extra cash. Was able to work my way up to line cook, and then saucier before the hotel closed. Started to work for Amazon.com a couple years back, and now I run flow for one of their distribution centers. Trying to go back to school to finish my degree. Still passionate about food, but like cooking for friends rather than paying customers.

I have no chance at the knife right. Seriously, no really I don't want it.

The knife chooses it's owner. It's not the other way around.

My name is kosta .i spent most of my time in a kitchen . My Mother is an awesome cook she taught me to respect fire. She stillcooks traditionally to this day back home in Greece.I been A kf member for a while until i realized after a long hiatus that everyone in the forums has split to find a new home.I am fascinated by knifes and i obviously love cooking .Right now i am in Baltimore cooking for Michael Mina.
i have a great respect for the knife community .they have taught me a lot through the past few years.

Since iam late in this process i want to see that knife go in a good home..Preferably someones elses home?:biggrin:

Amateur cook.
Professional cutter.
I've been fascinated by sharp things for a long time.

My music history and theory degree didn't do me much good in the job market so I became a woodworker by day, jazz and theater bass player by night. After the first divorce I was raising two little children and thus began the quest to cook decent food for them. They wouldn't eat veggies without bernaise sauce. After the second divorce, I began the quest to cook even decenter food. (See a pattern here?) High School kids are always hungry. The single Dad with the great food became the hangout which helped me keep my kids out of serious trouble. Anyone know any single women? I need to up my cooking game...

Boring life, just enjoy cooking which lead to knives, guns led to reloading, cameras to painting, karate to body guard/courier work. Now retired and part owner manager of a self storage facility. 65 years old, married 48 years, 4 kids, 17 grand kids, and 6 great grand kids. Boring to say the least. :happymug:

Boring life, just enjoy cooking which lead to knives, guns led to reloading, cameras to painting, karate to body guard/courier work. Now retired and part owner manager of a self storage facility. 65 years old, married 48 years, 4 kids, 17 grand kids, and 6 great grand kids. Boring to say the least. :happymug:
Sounds like a great life to me. Not boring at all. Hope you enjoy those kids, grandkids and great grandkids. That's one big family.

Engineering degree but mostly run development projects. Born and raised in Sweden. After 6 month at the first job they shipped me to Ireland for 3 years. Continued on to Thailand for a year. Came back to Sweden and took another job. Ended up doing commercial sailing projects (VOR) for amost 6 years (fun to be the corporate sponsor dude that did not back off from cooking for the crew or fixing their fuel filters). Went back to company number one again. Managed to stay in Sweden for a year and then i shipped off to the US. This time with two kids and a wife. Now i've done my 3 years here so leaving for Sweden again in about 7 weeks.
Home cook that likes trying things and enjoy sharp thingies...

Robin, and maybe others who are world travelers, how does the Philadelphia area compare; have you enjoyed your stay here? Maybe a different thread for where in the world you would like to live...
s.

Philly is good. There are always lots of opinions (from non-us persons) on what living in the US is like/should be. My opinion is that as long as you are not too tight on money this is a good place to be. This is especially true in our little part of the Philly suburbs (i get on/off the train on the station next to Seth).
Family has enjoyed the stay and while the wife was a bit hard to convince moving here, she does not want to go back....

US has so many positive sides that tourists do not notice, i find the politeness, servicemindedness, helpfullness and generosity very good (and most americans seems to take it for granted). On the other hand i find some views on for example public health care hard to understand (i'll leave it at that, i do not wish this to become a politics discussion).
The quality of products you can get if you know where to look is nothing short of amazing, just look at the vendors here. The problem for me was initially to find and distinguish good from bad. I was just not used to having that many products to choose from.
And lets leave the weather comparison with Sweden for another day.

I lived on the very south tip of Ireland ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clonakilty ) which is basically just a small town in the middle of farmland so obviously that is going to be different. I enjoyed staying there to, but it's very hard to compare.
In Thailand i lived right in the outskirts of central Bankok. Being an expat in a place where you do not look the same as everyone else makes a big difference. Easier because you tend to stick to your likes, harder because you look weird.

Time will tell if we will move once again, we'll see. I still want to move to Australia or Asia again..... My kids are still young so they are easy to move. When they get older it gets harder (until they leave the nest obviously) but we still got a few years until that time comes.

Slightly off topic....

lol well so far that is the best bio. call you knife winner.

Ok I have been putting this off for to long. I went to a school to be a missionary, and decided I didn't like begging for money for the rest of my life. So I moved from Dallas Tx. back to Wyoming. Got my first cooking job at a Denny's and to this day hate cooking breakfast. Moved to Kansas City, doing a bunch of cooking and non cooking jobs for a few years. I landed in a full service restaurant owned by a football player and ended up becoming a ass. kitchen manager. I was working over 60hrs. a week and making under 30k. My Father got sick with a terminal disease so I moved back to Wy. I now just work in a kitchen as a line cook. I barely make ends meet but I now have time to do other things than worry about the store.

RobinW;94893
Philly is good. My opinion is that ... this is a good place to be... i find the politeness, helpfulness and generosity very good ..."

Having lived in and around Philadelphia on and off for the last 36 years it's obvious to me he's either lying or delusional and deserves the bizarro knife. :laugh:

Seth, Mano & Robin, where exactly are you? Wanna go out for a beer or lunch in April? I will be around Rosemont, Gladwyne and West Chester for a week, I think from April 14-21.

Stefan

Having lived in and around Philadelphia on and off for the last 36 years it's obvious to me he's either lying or delusional and deserves the bizarro knife. :laugh:

Not sure i deserve the knife, but in Sweden you practically have to excuse yourself for disturbing the peace of the people working in a store. No one would consider holding the door for you even if you are loaded up like a donkey in asia.

As long as you stay out of the bad parts of the city i stand by my opinion.:)

Apicus, Central Bucks County, nowhere near where you'll be. A shame, as I'd like to meet you.

Robin, the truth is I really like Philly and am very happy here.

I'm honestly waiting for Dave Martell to post a bio. The knife was talking to me over breakfast this morning and said how much it really likes Dave. We'll see...if not it's probably going to Eamon. He didn't post a bio, but he did post in the thread and the knife sais how it kinda likes him too.

I am just going to add tid bits of my bio history that raise more questions than answers.

*** When I lived in Yemen, I chewed qat with the King of Mars. He did not give me any land on Mars (as he did Nelson Mandela and the 1998 French Soccer Team), but he did appoint me to a tribunal to adjudicate future land disputes on Mars. ***

k.

What the heck, I have been a newspaper artist for the last 27 years here in Fort Worth, before that college and working as a caricature artist at Six Flag's. I'm am half Chinese and worked some in a Chinese resturant as a kid. Love to cook and shoot photos. Started doing action shots on the old forum which combined my two hobbies. Showed some of my food pics around at the paper and now I actually have a food blog I do on the side for the paper on what I cook on the weekends.

Ok here's my bio:

I'm exhausted, and have but one regret. That about sums it up.

Lol, from the title I thought this was a computer system question.
Guess that prolly gives my profession away.

Back