Black Friday Cyber Monday

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vdark

Reaction score
I've just started using japanese kitchen knives after reading up on some basics here. Seeing as Thanksgiving is coming soon I wanted to ask if anyone has any insight into what kind of deals we can expect to see for Black Friday or Cyber Monday this year or should I refer to previous year's postings? Thanks in advance.

Welcome Vdark :)

Not to be unfriendly, but I would recommend using the search tool, I've seen many threads with this exact question.
No, you're good. I did and found some from last year but didn't know if there has been any new I should be checking out. We can close this thread.

If historical precedent holds, epicedge should have a decent black friday sale. I was waiting for their Hinoura to become more reasonably priced, but thanks to my fickle tastes I'm not into kurouchi anymore.

You must be new here, welcome to the forum :) No need to close the thread, we have plenty of far less relevant discussions all the time.

Thanks, yes new here and new to the knife world. I'm still trying to figure out what I like so any chance on a good deal either from BST or any retailer for a different kind of knife is another opportunity. Also learning about how scarcity seems to play a role in the market price - but that's for me to keep reading about more.

Along with Epicurean Edge, JNS, To Go, and K&S usually have some sale items.. Personally I find the EE sale mildly annoying as they change the items every few hours so you have stay on top of it. The changes on the other sites tend to be at much slower pace although high demand or limited stock items can still come and go quickly.

Reactions: ian
Ahhh....
The traditional pre-BFCM "where can I expect to find a good deal" question. 👍

Answers above seem pretty right. I've personally had some good deals on interesting knives at KnS over the years.

Sharp Knife Shop has Fall Sale - then again, he always has a sale, doesn't mean prices are right unless they are.

MTC is offering 20% on some items - of note Sukenari, Kintaro, Kanetsugu

JCK sale so far isn't what I'd call super bargain. I'd say in order of 5-10% off, but I didn't really calculate. Edit: at least it's store wide.

Cook's Edge had a 5 year anniversary sale that just ended. I expect they'll have one for the Black Friday, but so far nothing else came up.

Knifewear is putting so much front on the event that I guess Monday by noon they won't have much of the good ones anymore.

Wow togo is skipping black friday huh? I figured some places wouldn’t be doing it just because of the garbage year we’ve had. I’m going to be keeping an eye out but will probably behave. With cases rising who knows what’s going to happen with the culinary industry again.

CKTG sales are up by ~25% so, that combined with shipping issues and not much staff has them waiting out COVID for better days ahead while trying to stay healthy.

JCK some knives recently price up more than 50% compared to last year.

I was trying to buy a Sugimoto CM-4030 and in the last 6 months, they are up by ~$70USD. Unfortunately, language barriers and credit card foreign transaction issues mean I missed my little cleaver purchase, and now prices are up along with layoffs so, an expensive cleaver isn't coming my way anytime soon. :(

I emailed bernal last year and they said they don't do black friday cyber monday. Not sure about this year. JKI didn't do bfcm either last year iirc.

Last year KnS had a few honyakis for 30-35% off for a few days. Epic Edge had some denkas on sale for a few hours. JNS had 15% off on most things for quite a while. Home Butcher had zkramers for 25% off last year.

Can someone pls confirm JKI does not do sales? And if JNS has a sale, will this also apply as an extra to already discounted prices, seeing that the discount is across the site?

Can someone pls confirm JKI does not do sales? And if JNS has a sale, will this also apply as an extra to already discounted prices, seeing that the discount is across the site?

JKI doesn't have sales to the best of my knowledge. JCK (Koki) has limited sales but, usually not a significant discount, though his prices are generally what many retailers would consider a "sale price".

Sugimoto_CM4030.jpg

Fast 2-day delivery! Hit Shreveport, LA one day and my mailbox the next.

The next few days ought to be interesting. Meanwhile BST is thriving, and that's not counting what will happen when Cyber Monday will be done with - I expect a lot other BSTs to make up for purchases. :p

Honestly, black friday and cyber monday are both great. Most of the time you can find better deals on BST here though lol.

Back