Black Friday Dealz

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

hendrix

Reaction score
Thanks so much for heads-up! Just grabbed a Nakagawa Myojin.
Homebutcher has 30% off with Blackfriday22 code. Interesting stuff includes Yoake gyutos for <$250, a really nice looking S Tanaka ginsan 210 with custom handle for $155, Carter Muteki for ~$300, and HVBs and Myojin/Nakagawa dammy for <$400.

Reaction score
I also found MTC charged me less on shipping when I added MORE items. What type of game are they trying to play? I did end up snagging a Hasagawa board tho since there is rarely any discounts and hard to find the larger sizes

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
I think MTC uses some type of randomizer with their shipping charges. Don't know how many times I've left a cart there because the shipping was high. But another time will buy a board or a couple rocks and it's not bad.

Wish all the retailers had a free shipping threshold. Who here has not picked up an extra from JKI, JNS, et al, to qualify?

esoo

living the patina
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also found MTC charged me less on shipping when I added MORE items. What type of game are they trying to play? I did end up snagging a Hasagawa board tho since there is rarely any discounts and hard to find the larger sizes

Cube weight vs real weight.

If a box is X big, but doesn't weigh a minimum, an assumed cubic weight is used to determine weight. Add enough real weight to the box and then weight rate is used.

Justinv

Reaction score
JNS has Toyama 270 gyuto, Munitoshi 210 & 240 k-tip, Kaeru 210 & 240 on sale today.