Black Friday Dealz

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coffeelover191919

Reaction score
Last year epic edge had some wicked BF sales and I picked up some Yoshikane gyuto, petty and santokus. MTC had some deals on yu kurosaki knives but I ended up canceling since it yoshikane was better.

Any word on sales this year?

I’m really looking for a petty and I have my eye on an Akifusa petty to match the Gyuto I got last year for basically half off. I’m not against picking up another Gyuto but I know I shouldn’t.

Knives & Stones Australia has 10% off. Bluewayjapan currently has 15% off most stuff.

I’m really looking for a petty and I have my eye on an Akifusa petty to match the Gyuto I got last year for basically half off.
Same here, I picked up an Akifusa stainless paring last year and I’m considering an AS petty.

Last year I believe the sale at EE was on cyber Monday, not black Friday.

Japanny has UP to 20% off if you buy 5 knives but prices are pretty high to begin with.

That exclusion list in MTC is huge. Did see some pretty decent deals on general cooking supplies. Shipping kills any deals for me though.

Japanny has UP to 20% off if you buy 5 knives but prices are pretty high to begin with.

That exclusion list in MTC is huge. Did see some pretty decent deals on general cooking supplies. Shipping kills any deals for me though.
MTC's exclusions are always a bummer. 20% off, except anything I actually want! Yaaay...

Same here, I picked up an Akifusa stainless paring last year and I’m considering an AS petty.

Last year I believe the sale at EE was on cyber Monday, not black Friday.
I’ll keep an eye out! I’d really love to try something in AS or other carbon steels but the convenience of stainless (for work knives) just plain outweighs whatever benefits carbon steels have.

EE have just released their Black Friday email

ur Black Friday Sale continues through Sunday November 27th at 8pm PST, at which point we will begin our Cyber Monday Sale. These are among the biggest discounts we offer each year. The items will remain for sale throughout out Black Friday Week Sale until they sell out. If a certain item goes out of stock, we may add additional items.

Black Friday Week deals are valid from November 20th - November 27th, 2022. Discounts cannot be retroactively applied and cannot be combined with other offers.

Cyber Monday is just around the corner!

These are our biggest sales of the year! Many over 60% off retail!!!

For 28 hours, starting at 8pm PST (11pm EST) on Sunday, November 27th and going through Midnight on Monday, November 28th, we'll post a set of featured items -- each with an incredibly discounted price (many over 60% off retail!!). The items will change every two hours, so be sure to keep checking back frequently.

Due to the level of the price cuts, we cannot reveal which items will be included in these sales until they are listed on the website.

culinary knives and tools
-- tactical and EDC knives -- custom knives and accessories -- shaving and manicure

Once the sale has begun, click here to see:

Or they're just from the future (Australia)? 🤷‍♂️
We're from the future more (yet always seem to be five years behind on things...). Anyway, I was glad to see the sale start around midnight Wellington time instead of Sydney time. Got a great deal on a a Tetsujin kasumi 240 gyuto. Found the Tanaka Kyuzo extra height tempting too.

Homebutcher has 30% off with Blackfriday22 code. Interesting stuff includes Yoake gyutos for <$250, a really nice looking S Tanaka ginsan 210 with custom handle for $155, Carter Muteki for ~$300, and HVBs and Myojin/Nakagawa dammy for <$400.
Damn, I just bought an HVB from there yesterday without knowing this.... Just emailed him and he said he would apply a credit of the difference! I realize it's my fault for not being aware, but I'll certainly be buying something else from him because of that kindness.

Back