Blade Show June 2019

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pick up getting the Mert! Quite tall yet with a really classy profile.

That Fowler is a crazy steal at the asking price!
Yeah, he forges the billet himself. His kitchen knives are nice and thin with good profiles.

You should definitely check him out. Fit and finish is top tier and prices are reasonable. There was a bit of a language barrier, but the blacksmith was in the booth and I was able to talk to him a bit. He has been at the show for at least 2 years and I hope to see him again next year.
He's from Takefu, but not the knife village. The single bevels at the booth were made by the other guy and they're made in Seki. He said some of those lines are discontinued but I forget which specifically.

Curious how to order knife from Takeshi iwai. Is that possible let me know the website or contact details. Thanks so much.

9483A211-6640-4238-AA1D-F20D9F048DC9.jpeg
I brought two non knife friends to the show. One of them was hoping to buy a Takeda, but he didn’t make it this year (had a table but it was empty).

Instead he bought a Carter Muteki and made me and our other friend buy ones as well.

The two on the left are Ryan Cavallo and the one on the right is Jamison Chopp. The Cavallos are very thin and light. The Chopp is a bit heavier.

We met Jamison and Murray and Alex Horn, which was cool.

Curious how to order knife from Takeshi iwai. Is that possible let me know the website or contact details. Thanks so much.
I'll post what I have when I get home. I was told the double beveled gyutos, pettys, and such were available direct. He didn't tell me anything about some being discontinued.

I'll post what I have when I get home. I was told the double beveled gyutos, pettys, and such were available direct. He didn't tell me anything about some being discontinued.
He told us that only after we noticed a few of them were warped or had recurve. He said the migaki were discontinued.

Back