Blade Show West in Portland

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For anyone still thinking about going to that show, there was a lot more custom kitchen cutlery there than I was expecting. Both some of the names that get mentioned here on a regular basis and a number I had not met before. Came home with a very nice custom 12-inch cimeter steaking knife. Deer season starts next week so I have high hopes of putting it to use soon.

Noodle... how was the quality of the kitchen cutlery from the emerging / evolving makers?
Not so much f&f, but the geometry, grind, etc.
It's often that lots of guys that normally grind hunters, fighters, camp knives and such can't get a Chef's knife right.
What was your impression?

Pieue, I have to admit to forgetting my camera. I will try to add a photo of my cimeter today, weather allowing.
Eccchef, I thought there were some very good chef chef knives among the new makers. In general, not too much variety in patterns. Nakiri seem to be a hard pattern for them to get right and I wasn't much pleased with the Chinese cleaver styles I saw. Matt de Clerecq (California) had some nice boning, butchering and cimeter steak knives that appealed to me any way

Last edited:
Back