Bladeshow Atlanta June 2-4 2023

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martinhuber

Maker of Knives, lover of Rectangles
Reaction score
Hey everybody!
Since we started our production for Bladeshow last week, i was wondering how many of you guys will be there?

If youre there - stop by and say hi! I will post my table number as soon as its 100% confirmed and would love to meet some people of the community there! :)
Greethings from Austria

Hey everybody!
Since we started our production for Bladeshow last week, i was wondering how many of you guys will be there?

If youre there - stop by and say hi! I will post my table number as soon as its 100% confirmed and would love to meet some people of the community there! :)
Greethings from Austria
I'm going to be there. let me know what the table number is when you can

Update:
I got promoted from the Bladeshow Team!
Table 2G !
SECOND ROW comeing from row 22.

I heard people talking about how they needed years to move 2 or 3 rows forward...i get it at second year - Happy Martin :D
So guys, would be happy to meet you there!

I was on the verge of booking my table but trying to make stock for the blade show plus js test and also having knives ready for Sydney show couple months later looked impossible. I will be there in 2024 though, have fun

I was on the verge of booking my table but trying to make stock for the blade show plus js test and also having knives ready for Sydney show couple months later looked impossible. I will be there in 2024 though, have fun

Thanks man!
I'll try to do Sydney next year too! :)

Have fun, I have several maker friends going who I am sure will push me to go. Things looking unlikely this year.

Here. Saw Tokushu, the only Jblade booth so far. Put a face to the name for Zack.

Lot of Shun Lite.

Some beautiful wood, both blanks and scales

Looking for Tim and Martin next.

was nice meeting you!

Was nice meeting everyone who came through this weekend.
Martin your knives were absolutely beautiful!!!
Hopefully meet back up next year.

My take was that a lot of more traditional knife makers were / are trying to carve (see what I did there?) out a piece of the kitchen cutlery market. Of course I had the same take when I went some ten years ago. Kramer profiles are pretty distinctive - if you're going to copy a knife you don't know anything about, might as well copy the one that goes for big bucks. Didn't see anything on the combo booths that looked like I would love it. (Martin and Tim being exceptions)

There weren't many dedicated kitchen knife makers there 10 years ago and it seemed to me that there were even less this year. May have seen a Carter booth but gf was in the going home mode when I passed. Didn't realize until later that Hoss was getting inducted into Hall of Fame there - would have tried to have seen that or met him in person if I hadn't had that senior moment. Did see Tokushu's booth - one of my favorite vendors and spent a little time there. Saw no makers from Japan 😢

My take was that a lot of more traditional knife makers were / are trying to carve (see what I did there?) out a piece of the kitchen cutlery market. Of course I had the same take when I went some ten years ago. Kramer profiles are pretty distinctive - if you're going to copy a knife you don't know anything about, might as well copy the one that goes for big bucks. Didn't see anything on the combo booths that looked like I would love it. (Martin and Tim being exceptions)

There weren't many dedicated kitchen knife makers there 10 years ago and it seemed to me that there were even less this year. May have seen a Carter booth but gf was in the going home mode when I passed. Didn't realize until later that Hoss was getting inducted into Hall of Fame there - would have tried to have seen that or met him in person if I hadn't had that senior moment. Did see Tokushu's booth - one of my favorite vendors and spent a little time there. Saw no makers from Japan 😢
There was a Carter table but Murray wasn't there. Not sure he was at the show. Might be one of the problems of moving to no where Idaho. Long way to a airport.

The year I went, Mert was there, Shosui Takeda was there, Murray Carter, Alex Horn, and I think Jamison Chopp was there. Would of loved to went this year and met Martin and Tim.

Dave,
So nice to meet you...also so sorry I was swamped at the booth and didn't get a chance to slow down and chat longer. It was very much appreciated that you stopped by.
You are very astute at noticing many knifemakers who specialize in other areas but decide to try their hand at kitchen cutlery. I have seen some successes and some misses.
I did get to stop by Martin's table briefly and he had some awesome pieces, I am still thinking about a tall nakiri he had with a wicked distal taper! It was gorgeous.
Hoss' hall of fame induction was not open to the public if I remember correctly but he was walking around all weekend.
Carter was not in attendance this year.
I didn't see any makers from Japan either but Takefu steel was there with some laminated billets for makers.
All in all I think there was about 15 dedicated kitchen cutlery makers.
As well as Zach at tokushu who had a really nice selection.
Also Chris at the findking table had some nice j knives, cutting boards, stands, and handles.
Edit as I completely forget to mention Tre Hill was there with an out of this world display of his knives that have some of the most distinctive and beautiful hamons I have ever seen in person.

Last edited:
Wish I had counted now but I would swear there were more than 15 kitchen knife makers. There were probably close to that in the smaller side room of the show. But maybe you have a narrower view of who rates as one.

Wish I had counted now but I would swear there were more than 15 kitchen knife makers. There were probably close to that in the smaller side room of the show. But maybe you have a narrower view of who rates as one.
You are certainly correct that there were many more. I unfortunately didn't really have a chance to walk around much so I was going off memory of who I saw on the vendor list.

Back