Blanc creative or blu skillet

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pc9111

Reaction score
Looking to buy a new carbon skillet anyone have experience with either of these?
Thanks in advance

Blanc is about 1.5 hours from me. I do need to visit when I am in the area.

Blu has an online sale several times a year and sells out very quickly. They also have a monthly sale by lottery, so I'd register soon if I was lookin' for one.

why would you not buy copper for $200/each piece?

I normally cook on cast iron, I have a small finex 8 that I use the most now for breakfast lunch dinner I have them seasoned where nothing sticks to them and I love searing a steak on cast the heat retention is good, I thought I would try a nice handmade carbon piece hopefully with similar results.

I'm leaning towards the Blanc creative because they are more available but It may be worth waiting for the Blu sense I'll probably only buy one.

Holy smokes those Blu look good - had never heard of them. I’ll never see my Mineral B’s the same way again.

To be fair, deBuyer carbon steel pans are basically budget pans. Budget pans that perform exceedingly well, but still budget pans. You just happen to pay a ridiculous amount of money for them because they are shipped across the pond. If you buy the restaurantversion without the silly bees wax they're in the 20-30 euro range here.

Back