Block button?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
When you ignore a person, there is no conversations, etc. You don't see their posts unless they are quoted. Ignore basically does a blocking.

DavidPF

Likes Boring Knives
Reaction score
When you ignore a person, there is no conversations, etc. You don't see their posts unless they are quoted. Ignore basically does a blocking.
I think the kind of block being proposed was that the other person wouldn't be able to see me anymore, more than me not being able to see them.

gregfisk

Reaction score
I guess I don’t really understand why you wouldn’t want someone to see your posts? If they’re on your ignore list you wouldn’t see there response, right?

Michi

I'm having a status just so I don't have no status
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One possible reason: If someone was basically following you around and spamming after everything you wrote, you'd want to disable them from doing it, not disable yourself from seeing it.
Wow, that took a bit of mind contortion to follow reading :)

Personally, I never find that someone annoys me enough for me to want to hide their posts or to stop them from seeing what I have to say.

It’s trivial for me to just move on to another post.

Michi

I'm having a status just so I don't have no status
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do a search, and then go to each thread and put it on ignore.
Did you see how many of those there actually are?

Besides, I’d be blocking myself much of the time :LOL:

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Then I guess I could use the censor and make "beige" become "roaring boring" instead. Would that help?

Brian Weekley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blocking ... ignoring ... hmmm.

There’s an old saying ... “if being disagreeable gets you kicked out of the club there’s only going to be you and me left and I’m not so sure about you”.

It would only be fair for the “blockee” to be informed when a “blocker” blocked or ignored them so that the “blockee” could block the “blocker”.

That way KKF could devolve into KKF Blocker Wars edition.

I’m not so sure that would be good for KKF, especially when you consider how easy it is to just ”click on” from a post you don’t like.

DavidPF

Likes Boring Knives
Reaction score
That way KKF could devolve into KKF Blocker Wars edition.
I tend to think that about all the forms of blocking and ignoring, including both the one currently being discussed and the one already in use. I don't know, I guess there's a place for a lot of different methods of making things better, but at some point I think it always ends up in some variation of:

- "Everybody should always be honest and be nice."
- "But not all of them do, and it's impossible to actually force them."
- "OK, now what?"
- "No idea."

ian

Refined, yet toothy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to Ignore a couple people, but I don’t anymore. Makes me feel like I’m missing out on the action! And it is quite easy to just ignore people without Ignoring them. Although hmm, maybe I should check if my Ignore list is still active since I haven’t seen posts from JML recently. 😆