• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Bloodroot Gyuto (AVAILABLE with price drop) and TF Denka (SOLD) Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
TRADED: Bloodroot Integral Western Handle
See posts #2 and #3 for pics

Blade Size: 201mm x 49mm at heel
Weight: 230g
Steel: Roller bearing @HRC 64
Handle: Spalted copper beech, leather and copper spacers
Balance: see pic
Condition: Like new, has been used for a total of about five minutes. I normally use larger knives, thought this would be a nice complement, but I have a couple other smaller knives I reach for more. Doesn't really make sense keeping a knife this nice around if it's not getting used. If this is a size you like, here's a good chance to skip the five plus year waiting list and get one this week!
Asking: $899, $875, $850, includes U.S. shipping

SOLD: TF Denka Gyuto
Blade Size: 216mm x 53.5mm at heel
Weight: 212g
Steel: Blue Super, @HRC 65-66, stainless cladding
Handle: Custom afzelia xylay with very nice figure, center mosaic pin, made by Cody Paul, aka The Ginger Ninja. Very nicely curved handle swell, feels really nice in hand.
Balance: see pic
Condition: Excellent. I've never sharpened it myself, Cody touched it up when he did the handle work. I'm the original owner. This blade was picked out in person in Tokyo after looking at several examples in the shop, mostly picked to get a slightly longer and taller blade (could never stomach TF's huge price jump from 210 to 240, I think this is the best value point). I'm not sure if I'm super critical, but it's a blade I chose for myself, and I've had/seen no issues in the blade itself, Cody's work took care of the wabi sabi on the handle.
I'm holding on to a 195 Denka nakiri and 230 Morihei Hisamoto so am keeping TF well represented in my collection.
Asking: $699, includes U.S. shipping

Pics coming shortly

Last edited:
Together

Attachments

• PXL_20230129_190858218.jpg
    PXL_20230129_190858218.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230129_190954212.jpg
    PXL_20230129_190954212.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts