Quantcast

WTS Bloodroot, Isasmedjan, Yoshikane

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Ryan Adkins

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello again!

Posting a second round of knives today, happy to post more pictures or answer any questions.

1. Bloodroot 225 Gyuto - 52100 Monosteel, 225x55, 194g. Bought on (BST) a couple of weeks ago. This was my dream knife, and still is. I just can't afford it at the moment. I received this knife pretty dull, so I sharpened it up to a Gesshin Synth/Nat and proceeded to immediately cut myself when checking the edge. It gets a wicked edge surprisingly fast. Used it on a whole stack of veggies for stir fry and a couple of other meals later in the week so it has a great patina on it. Someone, please buy this so I can stop deciding every day that I want to keep it. $1000 SOLD. (Link to Sale Page)

2. Isasmedjan 220 Gyuto - 1.2519/Wrought Clad, 220x51, 181g. I LOVE this knife. Bought it on (BST) and recently touched it up on a Gesshin Synth/Nat. It feels great in hand and puts a smile on my face when I use it. I know I'm going to regret selling this, but there are so many knives and so little time. $410 SOLD. (Link to Sale Page)

3. Yoshikane 210 Gyuto - SKD/Stainless Clad, 211x48, 154g. I tried to sell this knife a couple of weeks ago (Link) but decided not to because I, all of a sudden, just keep wanting to reach for it. I still want to reach for it every time but I have other fun knives that I want to use so I just need to send this one on to the next user. It keeps its edge forever and it just drops through onions. Bought from Carbon around March/April. Custom handle by Shehan Prull, his Shosugiban Ash. $290

Posting pictures separately.

All prices include shipping to the CONUS. Open to trades (+/-) for Catcheside, Kippington, Raquin, Yanick, or Bazes but primarily looking to sell.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ryan Adkins

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pictures for Isasmedjan and Yoshi.

Attachments

Ryan Adkins

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isasmedjan is SPF. Yoshikane is still available for now!

Thanks everyone for all the inquiries and offers so far.

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Yoshi is definitely underrated in the knife world. They've got the profile, the geometry, the balance, the steel down as well as any maker (and better than most). Like.

captaincaed

Reaction score
I don't know daveb well, but after a few years around the block ... I really agree. There's little else I really want to use as much. Except Masashi, which is of course a direct descendant.
That's also a really clean, handsome sheath. Not fitted, but nice and clean. All you can ask for. Damn I almost talked myself into this. Again.

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
I never use a 210. But have a Yoshi 210 I bought from Maxim, my 4th or 5th Jknife. And it's not going anywhere. Probably be a good fit when I'm old(er) and feeble(er).

GLWS.

bingo

Reaction score
GLWS. I've got the same SKD Yoshikane with a stock handle. I would be all over this. It cuts *really* well

Ryan Adkins

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weekend bump on this Yoshikane. Let’s call it $280. With a $20 discount if you buy either of my other BST’s with this one.

Last edited: