• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Bloodroot, Isasmedjan, Yoshikane

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello again!

Posting a second round of knives today, happy to post more pictures or answer any questions.

1. Bloodroot 225 Gyuto - 52100 Monosteel, 225x55, 194g. Bought on (BST) a couple of weeks ago. This was my dream knife, and still is. I just can't afford it at the moment. I received this knife pretty dull, so I sharpened it up to a Gesshin Synth/Nat and proceeded to immediately cut myself when checking the edge. It gets a wicked edge surprisingly fast. Used it on a whole stack of veggies for stir fry and a couple of other meals later in the week so it has a great patina on it. Someone, please buy this so I can stop deciding every day that I want to keep it. $1000 SOLD. (Link to Sale Page)

2. Isasmedjan 220 Gyuto - 1.2519/Wrought Clad, 220x51, 181g. I LOVE this knife. Bought it on (BST) and recently touched it up on a Gesshin Synth/Nat. It feels great in hand and puts a smile on my face when I use it. I know I'm going to regret selling this, but there are so many knives and so little time. $410 SOLD. (Link to Sale Page)

3. Yoshikane 210 Gyuto - SKD/Stainless Clad, 211x48, 154g. I tried to sell this knife a couple of weeks ago (Link) but decided not to because I, all of a sudden, just keep wanting to reach for it. I still want to reach for it every time but I have other fun knives that I want to use so I just need to send this one on to the next user. It keeps its edge forever and it just drops through onions. Bought from Carbon around March/April. Custom handle by Shehan Prull, his Shosugiban Ash. $290

Posting pictures separately.

All prices include shipping to the CONUS. Open to trades (+/-) for Catcheside, Kippington, Raquin, Yanick, or Bazes but primarily looking to sell.

Attachments

• Bloodroot_Flat.jpg
    Bloodroot_Flat.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 290
  • Bloodroot_S1.jpg
    Bloodroot_S1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 303
  • Bloodroot_S2.jpg
    Bloodroot_S2.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 258
  • Bloodroot_Balance.jpg
    Bloodroot_Balance.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 238
  • Bloodroot_Handle.jpg
    Bloodroot_Handle.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 221
  • Bloodroot_MM.jpg
    Bloodroot_MM.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Pictures for Isasmedjan and Yoshi.

Attachments

• Isasmedjan_Ch.jpg
    Isasmedjan_Ch.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 293
  • Isasmedjan_S1.jpg
    Isasmedjan_S1.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 322
  • Isasmedjan_S2.jpg
    Isasmedjan_S2.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 279
  • Isasmedjan_Spine.jpg
    Isasmedjan_Spine.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 291
  • Yoshi_Ch.jpg
    Yoshi_Ch.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 325
  • Yoshi_Handle.jpg
    Yoshi_Handle.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 439
  • Yoshi_S1.jpg
    Yoshi_S1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 457
  • Yoshi_S2.jpg
    Yoshi_S2.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 409
  • Yoshi_Spine.jpg
    Yoshi_Spine.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 316
I don't know daveb well, but after a few years around the block ... I really agree. There's little else I really want to use as much. Except Masashi, which is of course a direct descendant.
That's also a really clean, handsome sheath. Not fitted, but nice and clean. All you can ask for. Damn I almost talked myself into this. Again.

I never use a 210. But have a Yoshi 210 I bought from Maxim, my 4th or 5th Jknife. And it's not going anywhere. Probably be a good fit when I'm old(er) and feeble(er).

GLWS.

GLWS. I've got the same SKD Yoshikane with a stock handle. I would be all over this. It cuts *really* well

Back