Blue one to Ginsan steel Deba??

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam92

Reaction score
Should i selling my Hide Blue one Deba to Ginsan steel deba? ginsan steel is make by Yamatsuka.

Well reputation as far as i know.

Really frustrated, need some recommend.

What is your reasoning for considering a change?

I have both a 210 Miroshi deba, Suisin, in ginsanko and a 180 blue deba, from Watanabe (and 180 AS from Carter). Any nuances of steel type are lost on me. Debas inherently don't see the reactive environment that other knives do.

What is your reasoning for considering a change?

I have both a 210 Miroshi deba, Suisin, in ginsanko and a 180 blue deba, from Watanabe (and 180 AS from Carter). Any nuances of steel type are lost on me. Debas inherently don't see the reactive environment that other knives do.
Less care maybe? Because i work in front of customers, I don't want any patina shown cause i feel not good.

Last night i saw one video from youtube, apart from corrosion resistance, seems like Blue one 切味 is much better?

People only choose ginsan for convenient? Because i don't wanna lose the sharpness too much, So difficult for for to choose.

Currently i got a good deal from Vendor, for the lefty price is very reasonable, I currently own 2 steel, white one honyaki & blue one for yanagiba, blue one for Deba, if i get another ginsan steel for deba and yanagiba, Is it too much?

Should i selling my Hide Blue one Deba to Ginsan steel deba? ginsan steel is make by Yamatsuka.

Well reputation as far as i know.

Really frustrated, need some recommend.

You could keep both of them for rotation knives. If your deba get patina you can mirror finish the blade and apply Tsubaki oil after dry the knives. Quick question do you deba when services? Mostly I used a 240mm sujihiki for roll and 300mm yanagi or 270mm sujihiki for sashimi only, Also got nenox stainless deba just in case need to chop toro for negitoro roll or tartare.

You could keep both of them for rotation knives. If your deba get patina you can mirror finish the blade and apply Tsubaki oil after dry the knives. Quick question do you deba when services? Mostly I used a 240mm sujihiki for roll and 300mm yanagi or 270mm sujihiki for sashimi only, Also got nenox stainless deba just in case need to chop toro for negitoro roll or tartare.
I usually only use deba for preparing fish, i use gyuto to chop toro when needed, might be getting one more deba for trying, as i have 180 now, might be try 195/210..

I usually only use deba for preparing fish, i use gyuto to chop toro when needed, might be getting one more deba for trying, as i have 180 now, might be try 195/210..
I got 195mm ginsan honyaki deba but I used 180mm, for now, the honyaki mirror finish can get scratch, and need to polish the knife after sharpening. If funds available I don't see buying more knives bad idea, because the price will go up and you could save those knives for future use.

I got 195mm ginsan honyaki deba but I used 180mm, for now, the honyaki mirror finish can get scratch, and need to polish the knife after sharpening. If funds available I don't see buying more knives bad idea, because the price will go up and you could save those knives for future use.
I thought longer is better, but depand on what size of fish when need to cut.

May i know why you choose 180 over 195? Is it only because have to polish the mirror after sharpening? For ginsan /ginsan honyaki, by research I can't find the big difference, only thing i know is higher HRC & double the price.

Can you share your experience??

I work in Hawaii, I think 180mm enough to do all the fish breakdown at the restaurant, the 180mm Konosuke white #2. The Honyaki kind of collection purpose came with a mirror front side and ebony handle. I not sure about HRC maybe 60+ because I special order from JCK price was cheaper than another Sakai knife store.

I work in Hawaii, I think 180mm enough to do all the fish breakdown at the restaurant, the 180mm Konosuke white #2. The Honyaki kind of collection purpose came with a mirror front side and ebony handle. I not sure about HRC maybe 60+ because I special order from JCK price was cheaper than another Sakai knife store.
I know a guy name Tomohito, his price is cheapest for honyaki collect, i got mine honyaki yanagiba from him, maybe next time you can try contact him, I'll order my deba thought him in the future as well.

Back