• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD BNIB Manaka Kisuke Blue #1 Kurouchi Gyuto 244*56

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got this brand new Manaka b1 gyuto today. Did not cut a thing except a piece of paper towel (failed as there’s no edge).

Everything of the knife is good except it’s a lefty, which is why I’m selling it. If no one is interested, I might just return it.

Asking for $350 all inclusive CONUS. Price reduced to $330.

Measurements:
244 mm*56 mm.
225 gram. Balanced at 1.5 inch ahead of the heel.
Spine is 4.8 mm at handle, 3.6 mm above the heel, 1.9 mm in the middle and 0.9 mm at 1 cm from the tip.

D9BAD3E1-C384-4951-AE2B-7C5E34EC681F.jpeg
F821BF71-AD77-4C68-A403-8D3B8C2A389E.jpeg
8A8C1C32-1C9D-4B93-9ADB-105DEAF2989D.jpeg
D364EDAC-D9DA-47EC-8ECB-98C1560EC0F7.jpeg

Last edited:
If you look at it this way, on the right side, the shoulder of wide bevel is less pronounced which makes the whole grind nearly flat, but on the left side, there is a bigger angle between the blade and the wide bevel which makes the shoulder more pronounced. When a lefty person uses it, the left side makes food release better and the right side makes cutting easier.
What makes it a lefty?
8EC3753E-DFB8-4C55-ACC5-46D7D01786FE.jpeg

I wonder if there maybe is a low spot towards the heel that makes the choil seem that way. I see low spots in that general area more often than not and if the right side had the shoulder ground away the choil could be deceiving. Might be worth cutting a potato or something to see if you feel steering. My mazaki new looked like hallow ground wide bevels from the choil but that was just low spots hiding the convexity

I wonder if there maybe is a low spot towards the heel that makes the choil seem that way. I see low spots in that general area more often than not and if the right side had the shoulder ground away the choil could be deceiving. Might be worth cutting a potato or something to see if you feel steering. My mazaki new looked like hallow ground wide bevels from the choil but that was just low spots hiding the convexity
That’s my thought too, but when I lay down the knife on the counter, I can see asymmetry exists in a similar pattern from tip to heel. The edge is quite straight. I’ll add some pictures to explain.

Sounds like you checked it out thoroughly! Some lefty out there will love it to death I’m sure
Tbh I rarely see something like this. Since the bevel is so thin and high, there might be no steering at all. All I need to do might just be adjusting how I hold it to make the edge perpendicular, but I feel like it would still be more suitable for lefty users after all.

This is simply how he finishes all of these knives, he doesn’t do as much work on the left side so it needs some more work.

Same on all of the ENN, it makes zero difference with such an incredibly wide bevel

This after perfecting, look at the left side here. It’s a lot lower

87FD86F0-8068-4A91-A2ED-C93782F79B1C.jpeg

2624C278-7714-4020-97AA-A2238A7AD1B2.jpeg

Last edited:
This is simply how he finishes all of these knives, he doesn’t do as much work on the left side so it needs some more work.

Same on all of the ENN, it makes zero difference with such an incredibly wide bevel

This after perfecting, look at the left side here. It’s a lot lower

View attachment 193821

View attachment 193822
Wow this is amazing. Make me consider keep it and ease the left side.

Last edited:
If you look at it this way, on the right side, the shoulder of wide bevel is less pronounced which makes the whole grind nearly flat, but on the left side, there is a bigger angle between the blade and the wide bevel which makes the shoulder more pronounced. When a lefty person uses it, the left side makes food release better and the right side makes cutting easier.

View attachment 193808
no it doesn't

Back