boar_d_laze? Where'd he go? Was he active on KKF?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corradobrit1

Reaction score
When I began in this hobby it was boar_d_laze (loved his Avatar) over on Cheftalk more than anyone else who got me started down this rabbit hole. I'm sure I'm not alone. Then I discovered CKTG and KKF and the rest is history. He hasn't been active on CT since 2013 and I wonder what became of him.

Iirc he came around, took some abuse and left with his tail tucked...that said, i believe he's been an influence on many here especially in regard to Sabs...

I bought my first Mac Pro, Masamoto HC, tojiro dp and Sabatiers because of BDL.
The forums have gone quite deep into the rabbit hole these past few years and I don’t think BDL followed us into it. He had great experience and knowledge of big name Jknives and various generations of Sabatiers. But around the time that interest in handmade knives really took off on the forums is about the last time I spotted him.

I was active on cheftalk when I got into cooking and he and others around that time got me into knives (and KKF).
From the people I know on cheftalk, I was told he just wasn't interested in doing the same thing any longer after being into the hobby for so long. So as Greg said, instead of going deeper down the rabbit hole, he just moved on.
Last I heard he moved on into the barista forums (or whatever coffee and coffee machine enthusiasts call their forum, I am clearly not a fan) and was fairly active their. I guess we all move onto other things eventually.

Last I heard he moved on into the barista forums (or whatever coffee and coffee machine enthusiasts call their forum, I am clearly not a fan) and was fairly active their. I guess we all move onto other things eventually.
True, he was active on Coffeegeek but stopped interacting there 4 years ago. Hope he understands how much his contributions were valued.

People do move on... like me. I was very active on the Foodie Forum before it imploded and BDL was very active then. I bought a Ittosai honyoki gyoto from him a million years ago. I drifted out of the knife world as I was just going round and round in the same conversations. Then my life changes dramatically with my partners diagnoses of early onset Alzheimer’s. So things happen and things change.... this is my first post in years.

People do move on... like me. I was very active on the Foodie Forum before it imploded and BDL was very active then. I bought a Ittosai honyoki gyoto from him a million years ago. I drifted out of the knife world as I was just going round and round in the same conversations. Then my life changes dramatically with my partners diagnoses of early onset Alzheimer’s. So things happen and things change.... this is my first post in years.
damn, sorry to hear. There is a lot of support on this forum if you need to 'talk'.

damn, sorry to hear. There is a lot of support on this forum if you need to 'talk'.
Thanks Wildboar... things have changed, 5 years of 24/7 caregiving is soul crushing, but I have 3 days off now and life is waaay better. I’m all talked out really but i truly appreciate the sentiment. This and other places are an escape for me so I will stick to catching up on the last years of knife and stone stuff. Need to sell some stuff and buy some stuff... same old.

Back