Board anniversary (sort of)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vils

Reaction score
I just realised that my first Boardsmith board arrived to me over ten years ago.
12th of August 2008 to be precise. This 16x22 mahogany behemoth have served me well ever since.
That's quality!
8C620A18-7114-4E75-B475-44C13765AC12_zpst7xr7ilc.jpeg

Hi Vils, John sent this thread link to me and I am amazed at how well the board has held up for 11 years. You must be taking excellent care of the board. Thanks for sharing. Seeing results like this makes me happy and proud to see that my work is still in use today.

BTW John's work and quality is actually better than mine. But don't tell anyone. :D

David Smith, The Original BoardSMITH

good morning David.. if I can figure out how to post pictures I will post one of the board I bought from you about the same time. it is in perfect shape.. I bought 2 from John for my sons at Christmas.. he has continued your tradition of first rate craftsmanship.
That first gathering at Warren's has cost me a fortune in knives and stones over the years.

Hi Vils, John sent this thread link to me and I am amazed at how well the board has held up for 11 years. You must be taking excellent care of the board. Thanks for sharing. Seeing results like this makes me happy and proud to see that my work is still in use today.

BTW John's work and quality is actually better than mine. But don't tell anyone. :D

David Smith, The Original BoardSMITH
Hi David!
I´am proud of using your boards. I treat them with my mix of 1l of mineral oil and 100g of beeswax when needed. Despite all abuse they hold up really well.
I now have three good boards, two made by you and one from Canada (Beaugrain). I hope that they will be inherited by my kids. One board each.
Thank you very much for a decade of pleasurable kitchen work.

Latest posts

Back