Bob Kramer/henkels

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamm

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciEOmMDdjY8

Whats everyones thoughts on this? This was posted on the "other" forum i just figured id share here.

I thinks its great, good for henkels, good for quality kitchen knives, and great for people who will never own a true bob kramer.

I like it!
I'm an old Henckels fan, and these will have the same kind of craftsmanship!
Go Henckels!

Interesting and cool - very different concept for a factory made knife, especially a German manufacturer. I'm kind of digging the hostess in the video too.....she has a RR feeling to her.:biggrin:

I think these look nicer than Shun Kramer. Maybe it is because of natural wood look on handles.

I wonder how they will sell against the Shun-Kramers at Sur La Table. They will probably be similarly priced.

Interesting and cool - very different concept for a factory made knife, especially a German manufacturer. I'm kind of digging the hostess in the video too.....she has a RR feeling to her.:biggrin:

Yeah RR with a few extra cupcakes :D

I think a lot of sur la table shoppers are going to be interested and buy, only to return it the next week when they can't figure out why it is rusting. I can't see them being the same price as the Shun Kramers, but who knows, his name alone will add an extra 100.00.

Personally, I have always wanted to try his profile, and if the price is right I may get one. But I am still saving for one of the Marko handled Yoshikanes.

If anyone gets one, please post some pics and review.

Hmm, looks like some idea on the pricing on the new Henckles Kramers is out. Mark has them listed for 399.95 for the 10' and 349.95 for the 8'.:Ooooh:

http://www.**************.com/kramerknives.html

Not sure if that price is locked. But it is higher than I was anticipating. I was looking more in the 200-250 range. Guess I will not be getting a replica!

that's too expensive for me. it's okay, though, i couldn't imagine liking that profile.

Hmm, looks like some idea on the pricing on the new Henckles Kramers is out. Mark has them listed for 399.95 for the 10' and 349.95 for the 8'.:Ooooh:

Not sure if that price is locked. But it is higher than I was anticipating. I was looking more in the 200-250 range. Guess I will not be getting a replica!

+1 Thats too steep. I thought it would be less because the Shun ones are damascus and around that price too

Come on guys, this is all about cashing in on Kramer's name, the New Yorker article, and his big e-bay scores. It isn't about what the knives are worth as tools in the kitchen. But nothing Kramer has done in the last 10 years has been about that.

I mean if they perform as well in real life as they do "on paper" they should be pretty nice. There are plenty of knives like this in that price range. Isn't that how much the Shun ones are, too?

That doesn't mean at all that I am going to get one...

I actually quite like the looks of the 10". The extra length makes the large height seem reasonably balanced. The 8" however simply looks odd and squashed for my liking.

I mean if they perform as well in real life as they do "on paper" they should be pretty nice. There are plenty of knives like this in that price range.

you can get a Mizuno 270 for less than that. i have a hard time imagining they perform better than the Mizuno. handle fit and finish is probably better on the Henckels Kramer, admittedly.

I agree with you totally. What you are paying for essentially is the "fancy" Kramer handle reproduction. I would rather the Mizuno at that price point. Several other knives actually. DT ITK western comes to mind..

you can get a Mizuno 270 for less than that. i have a hard time imagining they perform better than the Mizuno. handle fit and finish is probably better on the Henckels Kramer, admittedly.

Luckily, you don't have to imagine since you will be able to handle the Henckels-Kramer and compare it to your Mizuno at Sur La Table.

Luckily, you don't have to imagine since you will be able to handle the Henckels-Kramer and compare it to your Mizuno at Sur La Table.

i doubt they'd let me sharpen the Henckels-Kramer though...

It has to be better than the Chefs Choice that Sur La Table uses :dance:. lol

Back