Bombogenesis

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On boat I have 2 gyutos and one cleaver...I use a pocket knife when I need a paper:)

That's about as minimal as I can get...

Likely have to start oiling my carbons this summer but they seem fine this time of year.

Over the last 10 yrs or so I've considered moving to Maine for the inexpensive property mostly. In that same time I've come to hate winter more and more so I'm sort of not looking at Maine too much anymore. BTW, I'm a Masshole and proud of it! :D

That's great! I had never heard the term before I moved here and now it's become part of my vocabulary.

What's this cold thing you speak of? Actually it's quite a bit colder than NC but probably not much colder than PA right?:D

That's great! I had never heard the term before I moved here and now it's become part of my vocabulary.

What's this cold thing you speak of? Actually it's quite a bit colder than NC but probably not much colder than PA right?:D

All other NE states refer to us as Massholes and we wear it like a badge of honor! :doublethumbsup:

d53a9e4410e24fb7de8c2c9a6fe7d4d6--boston-strong-boston-red.jpg

Yeah it's cold cold COLD here right now, I'm hating it. The snow shoveling part I hate more though. :scared4:

That sounds really cool ... and so distant from what I could imagine with a wife and 2 small kids :p Have fun out there!

It's funny but when someone cuts me off in traffic I know before I even look at their plate they're from MA. As to politics I think Maine is much more interesting. The left (looking in the mirror) is every bit as far left as Mass but balanced almost equally by a hard right leaning Libertarian movement. Makes for entertaining form of government that keeps people engaged. You might like it here Dave?

I moved to New England for 2 reasons...the heat in NC sucked the life out of me in the summer and I enjoy winter sports. Once here I realized I could live on a sailboat which blew my mind. Maybe not the smartest way to spend my first winter here but figure go big or go home:) Wasn't expecting a record breaking cold winter or my plans may have been different.
As an old boss would have told me "Baptism by fire, the only way to do it"

That sounds really cool ... and so distant from what I could imagine with a wife and 2 small kids :p Have fun out there!

Yes, it seems really cool so far but much less of a problem with just me and a dog:)

There are plenty of people who do this with little people but likely not so many here in Maine due to the extreme temperatures.

It's funny but when someone cuts me off in traffic I know before I even look at their plate they're from MA.

Hahahaha, yeah Mass drivers are a whole other breed aren't they?!? :D

BTW, have you seen this?
massholesnow_0.jpg

As to politics I think Maine is much more interesting. The left (looking in the mirror) is every bit as far left as Mass but balanced almost equally by a hard right leaning Libertarian movement. Makes for entertaining form of government that keeps people engaged. You might like it here Dave?

That sounds like something I'd be OK with.

Over the last 10 yrs or so I've considered moving to Maine for the inexpensive property mostly. In that same time I've come to hate winter more and more so I'm sort of not looking at Maine too much anymore. BTW, I'm a Masshole and proud of it! :D

Ok Dave, I am new here so maybe there is a backstory I don’t know. Your profile info says PA, but you are a fellow masshole. I am always curious to see locals with overlapping hobbies/professions. I am born and raised just west of Boston.

Ok Dave, I am new here so maybe there is a backstory I don’t know. Your profile info says PA, but you are a fellow masshole. I am always curious to see locals with overlapping hobbies/professions. I am born and raised just west of Boston.

I left MA at 17 to go into the USAF. That took me a round a bit ending up in NM where I met my wife (who is from Philly) that was vacationing with her sister who is married to a guy that I worked with. Follow? :D

I returned to MA after the AF was through with me, or rather I was through with them, but after a couple of dozen trips back and forth to Philly I got a job in South Jersey where I worked for 10yrs. New Jersey, now there's a place you don't want to live! :p

After NJ we moved to MA for a bit but then came back down to PA but moved out west of Philly and after 6 yrs moved out even further into Amish country (stickville) where we live currently.

I'm still a Masshole at heart though, it's just that now I prefer the freedom that this state provides. If we could drop Philly, Pittsburgh, and Harrisburg it'll be all that much better. ;)

PS - I was raised on the South Shore, Abington to be exact.

Jim, I'm going to put a beacon on my roof to signal you.
As for moving to Portland; it's been great up here. Sure it's cold but compared with NY, Boston, and DC its a more enjoyable life. And yes, wind-chill walking to work tomorrow is supposed to be -40

Jim, I'm going to put a beacon on my roof to signal you.
As for moving to Portland; it's been great up here. Sure it's cold but compared with NY, Boston, and DC its a more enjoyable life. And yes, wind-chill walking to work tomorrow is supposed to be -40

I'm going to get up real soon... I've been spending too much time on the boat and not getting out enough. But yes, Portland is so cool that I'll put up with the weather...i'm totally hooked. Is funny that my first winter is starting out like an ass kicker;)

Wind chill right now is pretty sick... nor sure what it is but i was scrambling to get back inside after a short walk with the dog.

Latest posts

Back