Quantcast

Bread Knife?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Ericfg

Reaction score
Isn't a chef's/gyuto knife, a paring and a bread knife the recommended first three knife purchases? If so I'd think that would sell. Dave, what profiles are your biggest sellers? Are the basic profiles popular or do you sell more of the specialty-type knives?

I've used a lot of bread knives over the years and this style: https://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-Swiss-Serrated-Fibrox-Handle/dp/B00093090Y?ref_=ast_sto_dp is by far my fav. The length and the curve is what does it for me. IMO.

So if you keep the length and the curve, and then make the rest of the blade profile and the handle your own you might have something. Just my two cents.

Knivperson

Reaction score
I bake ryebread every single week and wheat bread 2-3 times a month and only a serrated knife can cut this. In Denmark, baking at home is a trend (although, of course, I have been baking for the last 6 years). With Claus Meyer and Noma and the whole new nordic cuisine, old grains have been popularized and everybody now knows "spelt" for instance. I think a similar development has taken place in the US, fx Chad Robertson in San Francisco. All of these sour dough artisan breads needs serration.

I have a Tamahagane and it cut's super nice, but it aint nothing special, the handle is micarta. I think it's this one:

SAN Tsubame Brødkniv 23 cm fra Tamahagane » Gratis Levering (kitchenone.dk)

Latest posts