Quantcast

Brian's Stuff

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

bcrano

Reaction score
Hey guys thought I would post some yearbook photos of my knives. These were shot on a Canon T2I with a 50mm portrait lens. As you may know I'm a home cook. Cooking I would say is my hobby and biggest source of stress relief! So here's what's in my kit...

Rodrigue Gyuto 220 mm (in progress and so not pictured)

Mr Itou small Gyuto 180mm abalone Damascus. (just came and I love it)

Kono HD suji 300mm (Stefan is making a new handle for this one out of Macassar Ebony)

Kono HD 210mm suji western (Dave rehandled)

Hattori Forum Honesuki cocobolo

Kumagoro Nakiri 180mm kuro-uchi (which I almost never use)

Lastly, the DT ITK 240 MM Black Lacewood (which I'm in the process of selling)

So what do you think? And what do you think I need?

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
That HD suji in ironwood is one of my favorite rehandles I've done. I just love the wood mostly. :)

bcrano

Reaction score
HAHA YES! That wood cost dear but was worth every penny. It's such a great knife to use. Feels so right in the hand. You did a great job on it Sir.

Hattorichop

Reaction score
I just picked up the same DT gyuto you have but I was not very impressed with the fit of the handle. I have seen some pic's of Devin and he is a big man hence the large handle. I've spent a couple hours sanding it down and now I feel the knife is a much better fit for me, it now gets a lot more use then it first did.

Please post some photo's of your Stephan handle when you get it, I'm excited to see one. I've been waiting 8 months now and i still have had no luck obtaining one.

I think you need a Martell next:whistling:

Adagimp

Reaction score
Slick kit. I really like the symmetry between the blade and handle on the Itou.

bcrano

Reaction score
Wait til you see what's coming soon. Cool **** I promise!

bcrano

Reaction score
Here's a new one. Super cool JIN KOGATANA from Jon at JKI. I went and checked out the whole batch and they are excellent, all a little different different sized handles, there's one for everyone. Mine has a sexy copper racing stripe.

Crothcipt

Reaction score
The abalone damascus is so jaw dropping. will have to book mark this one for future buys.

bcrano

Reaction score
It's a great knife too. The more I use it the more I enjoy it. Great hold over while I wait for a few new custom additions to drop.

welshstar

Reaction score
Can I ask a silly question, on the Kono hd it looks so shallow that your knuckles would first how do use that knife ?