Quantcast

Briskethiki finished

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

rockbox

Reaction score

Here are some teaser shots. I will post better pictures tomorrow. I have to get my wife to setup the photo studio.

rockbox

Reaction score
Looking good. Bubble wrap right?

Yep! I originally wanted firestorm but Hoss told me it would be too difficult for me to make by myself the first time around since it requires twisting of the metal. I wanted something I could make myself so bubblewrap it was. It actually turned out better than I imagined.

Potato42

Reaction score
That's right you made the damascus for it didn't you? Man that's just badass. I mean grinding a nice blade is cool and all, but making your own damascus billet is a whole different level of cool. You're in a special camp my friend:bladesmith:

rockbox

Reaction score

One more snapshot. It regards to dimensions. Its 270mm, 2.2mm above the heal, and 0.7mm at the point near the tip.

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Founding Member
Reaction score
Looks great, Tom!
You and Adam should have a slice off. Man is there a lot of talent floating around here!

RRLOVER

Reaction score
That looks fantastic.The Wa handle looks great too.

rockbox

Reaction score
That looks fantastic.The Wa handle looks great too.
Thanks guys! It was a great learning experience. Its not perfect. I have to admit that it has a slight "moritaka" edge. I didn't even notice it until I started sharpening. The nice time, I may sharpen it before I finish the blade to see if the grind is perfectly even. I'm already planning my next knife.

RRLOVER

Reaction score
Thanks guys! It was a great learning experience. Its not perfect. I have to admit that it has a slight "moritaka" edge. I didn't even notice it until I started sharpening. The nice time, I may sharpen it before I finish the blade to see if the grind is perfectly even. I'm already planning my next knife.
It took me three tries before I figured out to sharpen before I mounted the handle:doublebanghead:

watercrawl

Reaction score
Ha, I learned after two to start sharpening them before the handle.

Looks great Tom!!

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Founding Member
Reaction score
And I just learned right now. Thanks guys :)

tk59

Founding Member
Reaction score
That is one sexy-lookin' suji, Rock. Is it stainless?

rockbox

Reaction score
Looks great, Tom!
You and Adam should have a slice off. Man is there a lot of talent floating around here!

I don't about talent. I think it has more to do with very generous people who are willing to share their knowledge. I have to give thanks to DT of course, but also Pierre, Marko, Stefan, and all the others for answering all my stupid questions. I just wish someone would have told me about sharpening before putting on the handle yesterday. :doublebanghead:

tk59

Founding Member
Reaction score
The grind looks a little uneven but really not bad at all, imo! Seriously, nice job, dude.

Potato42

Reaction score
I love seeing action shots. Unfortunately I'm starving (waiting on family), so right now looking at that's kinda like a naked model showing up on your doorstep... while your wife/girlfriend is home. You really want to look, but not the right time.

I'll visit later and hope to see more shots ;)