• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Budget Knives! Kono GS+ Prototype, Kajiwara Nakiri, 2 Dao Vua

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan

Reaction score
Time to clear the rack a little...

1. Konosuke GS+ 240mm Gyuto
Ask Price: $130 shipped continental US
Steel: GS+

I bought this second hand and sadly never used it. AFAIK it is a prototype of the GS+ series lasers. It has no kanji on the blade, but it does come with a marked saya. This one deserves some love and enjoyment... needs to be sharpened and de-chonked at the edge, though. I've been meaning to do it myself, but just haven't prioritized it.

28cVIl3.jpg

gxsseEU.jpg

2. Tsutomu Kajiwara 165mm Nakiri
Ask Price: $85 shipped continental US
Steel: Blue 2 cladded with iron or carbon steel (reactive) cladding

This was the first Japanese knife I ever bought. I've sharpened it a couple times, it gets a great edge. The heat treatment is quite solid given the budget nature of the knife. I just didn't love using the nakiri, and I'm not sure what would change my opinion about it. If you're interested in nakiris, give this one a try.

DVzIlSo.jpg

iRfnjar.jpg

tcSRjYR.jpg

3. Dao Vua 165mm Santoku
Ask Price: $35 shipped continental US

I've sharpened and used this one a little bit, but it's just not for me. It's got a nicer edge on it now than when I received it, and it can get decently sharp.

nWKTBYr.jpg

SdieT6D.jpg

4. Dao Vua 210mm Gyuto
Ask Price: $30 shipped continental US

I bought this, and sadly never used it. The handle is cracked, I'm not sure if it came that way or cracked over time because I didn't oil it... selling it at a cheaper price because of the cracked handle. I oiled the handle today.

F5Dnt0P.jpg

YEiCoVc.jpg

XntkHDo.jpg

• Kajiwara 165mm Nakiri SPF
  • Dao Vua Santoku SPF
  • Dao Vua Gyuto SPF
Edson - didn't see a PM from you, I'll send one your way.

Thanks for looking!

Back