Buffing/polishing compound recommendation

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yaniv18

Reaction score
Hey guys
Anybody have any recommendation for buffing/polishing compound for wood handle ?
Thanks !!!
yaniv.

Are you asking about a buffing lathe or by hand?

Hoss

White compound is the one most commonly used.

Hoss

I have typically used white compound as well. Depending on how fine a grit you used to finish sand, it usually brings out a decent shine. I have watched some YouTube videos where they first used white compound, then switched wheels and used a pink compound. It really took the shine to the next level. I have no experience with it yet.

Edit- I just went on Amazon and ordered it, so I will let you know how it performs

Last edited:
As a follow-up:

My no-scratch pink compound arrived yesterday. I had a couple of handles ready to buff, one was stabilized myrtle burl, the other stabilized cherry burl with copper spacers. They were sanded to 1000 grit and finished with Danish oil. I buffed them with white compound then I put a new sewn cotton wheel on the buffer, loaded it with the pink and went to town. Conclusion....the pink really made the metal spacers shine. but honestly, there was not a huge improvement on the stabilized wood. A little shinier, but the difference didnt really pop out. Like a dumbass, I failed to take before and after comparison pics.

White seems like plently.

As a follow-up:

My no-scratch pink compound arrived yesterday. I had a couple of handles ready to buff, one was stabilized myrtle burl, the other stabilized cherry burl with copper spacers. They were sanded to 1000 grit and finished with Danish oil. I buffed them with white compound then I put a new sewn cotton wheel on the buffer, loaded it with the pink and went to town. Conclusion....the pink really made the metal spacers shine. but honestly, there was not a huge improvement on the stabilized wood. A little shinier, but the difference didnt really pop out. Like a dumbass, I failed to take before and after comparison pics.

White seems like plently.
Thank you so much brother for taking your time
I’m putting this little report for me super appreciate it.

Back