• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Cai dao, Chinese vegetable cleaver (EU)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayS20

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm, looking for a Chinese cleaver for a colleague of mine.
Budget: up to 100€ depending on the cleaver, if you have something just a bit more expensive which is interesting I'm all ears

Thanks

Check out CKTG for the Chan Chee Kee 1303. There are probably other retailers that carry it. It does work well. I like mine a lot, and it sharpens like a dream

Makes no sense to order from Ck2g to Germany.
Might get one from ebay though but it has the stupid new code lasered on and just trying to see if someone wants to part away with his in good condition.
Else will buy a new one.

Shibazi f208 2 would be a good cheap option from Amazon or Aliexpres, so shipping shouldn’t be an issue?

It depends how fancy he wants the Chinese cleaver. If he wants a beauty, then Shun would be a good option. But if he wants a tool, then check dengjia out.

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/4001...o.store_pc_groupList.8148356.6.757dc18bw2qSNy
The heat treatment they put on this 9cr18mov is a bit soft, but it is not completely a bad thing. They price of this knife in China is about 26 usd. If shipping and vat are included, I would say 40-45 usd is reasonable price. You can also check other items in their shop.

Another option is go to the chinese supermarket of the town. You can find a bunch of chinese cleavers which supply to local chinese restaurant. If you can not find in Germany, go to any Dutch city and find a amazing oriental supermarket or check it online.

I got a Shibazi F208-2, i use it twice, sharpen it once. It too light for me so i don't really like it and willing to give it away. You just need to pay for shipping, i am also in Germany, so it should be cheap as well. PM me

Last edited:
It depends how fancy he wants the Chinese cleaver. If he wants a beauty, then Shun would be a good option. But if he wants a tool, then check dengjia out.

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/4001...o.store_pc_groupList.8148356.6.757dc18bw2qSNy
The heat treatment they put on this 9cr18mov is a bit soft, but it is not completely a bad thing. They price of this knife in China is about 26 usd. If shipping and vat are included, I would say 40-45 usd is reasonable price. You can also check other items in their shop.

Another option is go to the chinese supermarket of the town. You can find a bunch of chinese cleavers which supply to local chinese restaurant. If you can not find in Germany, go to any Dutch city and find a amazing oriental supermarket or check it online.

Chinese supermarkets are awesome for knives sometimes. The one near me stocks about 20 different kinds from thin slicers to giant hog splitters along with a full lineup of Moras.

Chinese supermarkets are awesome for knives sometimes. The one near me stocks about 20 different kinds from thin slicers to giant hog splitters along with a full lineup of Moras.
I generally agree.

Pros:

you can feel at hands, which is very important;
They are designed for restaurant chef, so profiles are generally Okay (or more than Okay);
It is cheap.

Cons:

They are not made with high quality material for durablity or easy sharpening.

But it anyway worthes a visit to make sure which profile is the one you like.

Also have a Dengjia cleaver that I got from Ali express, it's quite heavy and the steel is decent considering the price. (£25 iirc)

If your colleague hasn't tried one yet then I'd say go cheap and see if you like it first.

I'm not a big fan but that's a separate topic.

Back