California restaurants may add climate change surcharge

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you the official s*** poster on kkf? You've been on fire recently

Climate change is real. I remember just a few months ago, it was considerably colder. I hope the restaurants are doing something about this.

It is worse than that. The temperature keeps on jumping colder to hotter and back every 12 or so hours. It is very disturbing. I hope restaurants decide to be open during the colder periods and close during the warmer ones to maximize their effect on the global climate change.

Leave it to the honklers of California! How’s the straw ban working out?

.... ok, I have no strong opinions about the straw ban, and I won’t go political, but let’s say that some topics I find it hard to joke too much about.

#literalgallowshumor

Probably owned by politicians!
relax there chemtrails. Its honestly no big deal, but I rarely ever use straws anyway. Ive used a few paper straws, its fine, they have a wax lining and do break down after an hour or two while. Dunno if the cost of making one is better or worse than plastic for the environment, but will probably get better over time

relax there chemtrails. Its honestly no big deal, but I rarely ever use straws anyway. Ive used a few paper straws, its fine, they have a wax lining and do break down after an hour or two while. Dunno if the cost of making one is better or worse than plastic for the environment, but will probably get better over time
Relaxed here Honkler, happy you think it's no big deal.

Relaxed here Honkler, happy you think it's no big deal.
Im gonna assume thats the new "cuck." thanks man, you asked, I delivered. I really never see anyone complain about it, only people on the internet hundreds of miles away.

I am in California and I complain about the ban all the time. Paper straws are disscusting. Worse of all the ban is pointless, even proponents agree that it is absolutely pointless and just a feel good, we did something type of a move.

.... ok, I have no strong opinions about the straw ban, and I won’t go political, but let’s say that some topics I find it hard to joke too much about.#literalgallowshumor

Same here. Maybe it depends on how old you are, and whether you have kids and grand kids (I have both).

I'm not jumping on every nonsense local attempt to wave flags about climate change, and don't want to get all political here. But I think it's obvious that my grand kids won't be living in exactly the same kind of world as the one I grew up in.

And while we're at it, who drinks anything worth drinking with a straw? I can't remember the last time I actually wanted a straw for something. But then I'm an old guy, obviously out of touch with the current cultural zeitgeist.

And while we're at it, who drinks anything worth drinking with a straw? I can't remember the last time I actually wanted a straw for something. But then I'm an old guy, obviously out of touch with the current cultural zeitgeist.
I feel the same way. I suppose this punishes people that eat fast food. In which case I’m all for it.

Milkshakes and fresh coconut. Otherwise I agree.

I also remember endless fun scrunching up the paper straw covers to one end of the straw, sliding them off the end, and then adding a drop of water to them and watching the paper expand and writhe. If the conversation lags, pull out the gags! Can we get paper straws with the same paper covers?

I remember paper covers on straws as being something fun to shoot like a blowgun dart, aiming for my sister's eye when I was a kid. Okay, so that's one good thing they're good for. My wife doesn't let me have fun like that with straws any more.

I remember paper covers on straws as being something fun to shoot like a blowgun dart, aiming for my sister's eye when I was a kid. Okay, so that's one good thing they're good for. My wife doesn't let me have fun like that with straws any more.

Mine does.

The s*** you people will argue over...PAPER!...PLASTIC!

And anyone that thinks climate change is a hoax is living with their head in the sand.

Please keep the politics out of this discussion so that this can remain my only intrusion in this thread.

Long may live human ability to ignore science and reason. And trolls. Long live trolls. Now where is my dinner.

And anyone that thinks climate change is a hoax is living with their head in the sand.

I think of it more as a type of scientific fraud that is pushed by a type of cult. Don't know if that really makes things better. Every 10 years there is new doomsday cult popping up. But as people grow more and more stupid more people get sucked into this.

I found these 2 little graphs. You do the math.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Greenland_Gisp2_Temperature.svg
http://www.globalwarming.org/wp-con...5-73-models-vs-obs-20N-20S-MT-5-yr-means1.png

From ice core drillings on greenland.
Central Greenland reconstructed temperature. Data source:http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/pubs/alley2000/alley2000.html
1280px-Greenland_Gisp2_Temperature.svg.png

then we have climate models vs measurements.
CMIP5-73-models-vs-obs-20N-20S-MT-5-yr-means1.png

File:Greenland_Gisp2_Temperature.svg

Isn't it better to take care of the environment and be wrong about about global warming/climate change/whatever hip buzzword is used? Instead of denying it and doing nothing and finding out it's actually happening?

Of course it is. But unless you can convince 2,5-3 billion people in china and india to "quit" coal power then it doesn't really matter now does it?
They are planning to build about 2,5-3k new coal burning plants in the near future in these countries. Because they want electricity.

Also as long as people insist of getting the cheapest crap from asia over and over (instead of buying locally produced stuff) that is transported on big container ships that pollutes like hell then we can forget about it too. Each and every one of these ships pollutes about as much as 5-50 MILLION cars! And there is not 10 of them. There is 65000 of them! This will continue until people stop buying this sh1t!

So maybe we should start in the right end first with all this? No?

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back