Quantcast

Calling all Mahogany Board owners..

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

scotts

Reaction score
As Dave could tell you I'm having a tough time deciding on which board to order. I was originally considering Walnut or Cherry but I came across this thread http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/printpost.php?tid/831732/ which I believe all the shots are on a Mahogany board and it doesn't look nearly as red as the ones on Dave's website (white balance?). If it's not to much trouble would anyone that owns a Mahogany Board mind posting a photo or two, I'd really appreciate it.

tk59

Founding Member
Reaction score
I can maybe do a pic later but mine is significantly darker than that one appears on my computer. IIRC, it darkened as I "over-oiled" it.

Johnny.B.Good

Reaction score
I would like to see everyone with a Boardsmith board post here (or in a new thread). I just ordered a walnut board for my mother (who is nearing the end of a kitchen remodel). She wanted something dark and "flat" in appearance. I'll post some pictures when it arrives. I haven't ordered one for myself (yet) as I'm looking for a new place and don't know what size/wood will be best.

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Founding Member
Reaction score
Mine isn't a BoardSmith, but the mahogany in my board is definitely reddy/orange. Same with most of the mahogany ukes I've seen out there.

scotts

Reaction score
First off let me say, Dave you do amazing work and if you ever find time to start making blocks again please please please let me know. With that said here are some pictures of my gorgeous new 14"x20" Mahogany board that I finally decided to start oiling this weekend because although it looks so nice as a kitchen center piece it does need to see some use.

The last is with my 240mm Yoshihiro

WildBoar

Home cook, knife accumulator
Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful board! Now you need to post some action shots...

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Founding Member
Reaction score
Great board, Scott!