Can’t decide on a 1000

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok i ordered the sp1000 trust me I’d like to order the kitayama 8000 too Or a complete naniwa set but my wife is traumatized with my “hobby spending” Lol

No need to second guess your decision. Great choice that should easily last you for a long long time. Do like I did, tell your wife that you're saving money by not having to pay for professional sharpening or throwing away dulled knives. However, to balance off those savings, you will have to spend a lot more on new stones and knives.

Ok i ordered the sp1000 trust me I’d like to order the kitayama 8000 too Or a complete naniwa set but my wife is traumatized with my “hobby spending” Lol

Might as well learn early. Buy her a purse, buy a knife. Buy her the matching wallet and buy another knife.

:cool:

She does like picking up the old junk kitchen knife and actually being able to cut something with it. I’ve also started cooking way more since the pandemic which goes hand in hand with sharp knives.

I sharpen a variety of knives from abused moraknivs that I take saltwater fishing to my low end yanagi. I hope to pick up another decent Japanese knives. Do I need a kitayama 8000...probably not but I will get a finishing stone at some point. I made the beginners mistake of buying the cheap combo stones from amazon and got decent results but they are garbage and will be used to sharpen garbage knives.

A 1000# stone which is called marble 1000 is much better than other existing stones in the market. The stone is sold in Hong Kong.
High abrasive power ,anti dishing effect and good self cleaning ability.
Its abrasive ability is higher than Hyper King 1000 and Bester 1000. Some black powder always trap on the surface of Hyper and Bester 1000. But this phenomenon does not occurred
in the Marble stone 1000.

A 1000# stone which is called marble 1000 is much better than other existing stones in the market. The stone is sold in Hong Kong.
High abrasive power ,anti dishing effect and good self cleaning ability.
Its abrasive ability is higher than Hyper King 1000 and Bester 1000. Some black powder always trap on the surface of Hyper and Bester 1000. But this phenomenon does not occurred
in the Marble stone 1000.
Any link?

IMG-20201028-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20201028-WA0006.jpg

Chosera is Mg type of stone that prolonged immersing in water will cause cracking.
Bester and Marble 1000 are ceramic types that can remain stable even immersed in water for a long time.

It looks sort of nice, but I would yet have to see that it is sooo much better than other ceramic stones. SP will do what you require of it anyhow, especially if you have a finisher to progress onto after.

Might as well learn early. Buy her a purse, buy a knife. Buy her the matching wallet and buy another knife.

:cool:
Wise words. I met a guy who started to buy his wife a pair of earrings every time he was getting a pair of high end vintage speakers (read - huge). There were like 5 pairs in their living room when I visited him. She looked very relaxed - dare I say, happy.

Not all women are like that...

... but I don't hope for one not like that to enter my life anymore.

:rolleyes: Why can't I buy the luxury I can afford, and you buy yours, and we split our common things and make sure they get paid on time? How's that not a natural state of being?

No they don't. I've been there... I'm never going back again. The last gf to play the wrongful act got single in the very next instant. The actual gf is actually not bad. She's had that kind of life where she doesn't expect anything from anyone, which suits me as I feel the same. She does look at my new knives funny. She's just like "Isn't 10 of these enough? What's with this one?"... I answer. She shrugs. Next topic.

The red color stones #1000 such as King contain brown Al2O3 while while white color contain white Al2O3 .
The marble stone contains additional Zr oxide .
When using the marble to sharpen kitchen knives , just about 10 to 15 strokes , the burrs will appear on the opposite side of the edge . In our region , the chefs claimed that the stone is a ''turbo stone''.the price of the stone is USD 53/pc in H.K

The red color stones #1000 such as King contain brown Al2O3 while while white color contain white Al2O3 .
The marble stone contains additional Zr oxide .
When using the marble to sharpen kitchen knives , just about 10 to 15 strokes , the burrs will appear on the opposite side of the edge . In our region , the chefs claimed that the stone is a ''turbo stone''.the price of the stone is USD 53/pc in H.K
Is it available online without the use of Facebook?

10-15 strokes for a burr, while relative, is still nothing I’d write home about for a med-coarse grit on your regular SS/alloy/carbon around 60-62 HRC or less...

As where to buy it, it’s seems more and more the same thing than Bernal’s Takarazukushi...

Now I have the king 320 and the sp 1000
The plan was to true up the hira on my yanagi but I may instead glue some sandpaper to a flat surface and do it that way

JNS800 is a superb stone. A soaker and dishes so you need to flatten after each use. Gives a very good kasumi too. JNS1000 is splash'n'go and harder. I can warmly recommend both stones 👍

Back