Can you explain this to me step by step?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spaceconvoy

Reaction score
Hi, I'm an obnoxious d-bag who's writing a book about kitchen knives, but I'm too lazy to do my own research. I probably think that I'm "leveraging social hacking" or some such nonsense jargon I use to justify my sociopathic behavior. Could you please explain this basic technique to me step by step? If you skip over something because you've assumed every living human should know it already (like, should I keep breathing while sharpening a knife?) I'll be sure to ask a series of inane follow-up questions that will test your patience and make you question your own sanity. Oh, and if you suggest that I've recently changed usernames, I'll pretend I've lost the ability to understand simple English and don't know what you're implying. Thank you

Hi, I'm an obnoxious d-bag who's writing a book about kitchen knives, but I'm too lazy to do my own research. I probably think that I'm "leveraging social hacking" or some such nonsense jargon I use to justify my sociopathic behavior. Could you please explain this basic technique to me step by step? If you skip over something because you've assumed every living human should know it already (like, should I keep breathing while sharpening a knife?) I'll be sure to ask a series of inane follow-up questions that will test your patience and make you question your own sanity. Oh, and if you suggest that I've recently changed usernames, I'll pretend I've lost the ability to understand simple English and don't know what you're implying. Thank you
I'm clueless to what's going on. I do have a bunch of people on ignore so maybe that's why I don't know what you're talking about?

I've read this over several times and still cannot figure out if there is a real question hidden in there somewhere.

I'm clueless to what's going on. I do have a bunch of people on ignore so maybe that's why I don't know what you're talking about?

Let us assume for the moment that there was a relatively new KKF member who spammed the site with a steady stream of questions, some very basic, some unanswerable, some so poorly worded as to be difficult to parse, and many only slightly rephrased versions of questions already asked by the same individual. Let us also assume that this individual often ignored advice even if it came from multiple solid sources. Perhaps this same individual might also be entitled and ill mannered, and recently given to pontificating to even newer member on matters where they clearly have little or no first hand knowledge. Such a hypothetical member, if they existed, might be an irritant to some members. I think @spaceconvoy might be inspired by the idea of such a hypothetical member. Of course no one here would really bear such a close resemblance to the rear end of a horse, or so I would like to believe.

Whats going on here? I'm kinda lost reading your comment.

Let us assume for the moment that there was a relatively new KKF member who spammed the site with a steady stream of questions, some very basic, some unanswerable, some so poorly worded as to be difficult to parse, and many only slightly rephrased versions of questions already asked by the same individual. Let us also assume that this individual often ignored advice even if it came from multiple solid sources. Perhaps this same individual might also be entitled and ill mannered, and recently given to pontificating to even newer member on matters where they clearly have little or no first hand knowledge. Such a hypothetical member, if they existed, might be an irritant to some members. I think @spaceconvoy might be inspired by the idea of such a hypothetical member. Of course no one here would really bear such a close resemblance to the rear end of a horse, or so I would like to believe.
Oh ok. Sounds like the kind of person I'd hypothetically put on ignore.

hahahaha :LOL: I am asking seriously !!!!!!!!
First mistake - acknowledging a response directly.

HTH

Perhaps this same individual might also be entitled and ill mannered, and recently given to pontificating to even newer member on matters where they clearly have little or no first hand knowledge.
You forgot "but spent a considerable amount of money on some high-end knives in a hurry, and thus bought his way into acceptance with some forum members as a result".

I understand the entire thread but don’t understand why some of you are so hard on this guy? He certainly has thick skin since there appears to be a lot of a holes here picking on him.

It's very easy, the basis is not to have a point, period... It should go forever, in an absolute sense, although none could attest to any length over a few days; you must use punctuation, except that which is definitive, to your advantage - there is nothing wrong with such a use of syntax as long as it flows; but of course where it doesn't flow would be a symptom of the ill-technique you applied, and I would suggest then that you turn back to the essentials instead: if you must, construct the structure before you even have any content to insufflate to it... It could go the likes of: , , , ; , , ... : , , , - , , ; etc. This last abbreviation is worth gold, by the way, as sometimes you need to leave an impression that there is an end to your means, and as such, etc. implies suspension where it incorporates definitive punctuation? The question mark is also your best friend? It can go on forever, you know, and no one can fathom to which question an answer is warranted? And with practice, you will be able to get real sharp in having absolutely no edge, you see...

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask questions if necessary? Etc.

would this hypothetical person have a spanish sounding name?

I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm only discussing myself and my own motivations. Who exactly do you imagine I'm referring to? Any new members who are honestly asking new questions shouldn't feel at all implicated by my post.

Without talking about this thread in particular, I think some general frustration about a forum member or two has (understandably) set people a bit on edge when it comes to questions from new members. Eg this perfectly reasonable thread. But all this has been talked to death at this point. Maybe I’m ready to move on.

Any new members who are honestly asking new questions shouldn't feel at all implicated by my post.

i dont think anyone is. people aren't stupid just because they are new members on a forum. most people are very good at reading between the lines.

i think its as simple as this: "if the shoe fits.."

Back