Carbonext gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a CN in 240 but don't use it much because I don't really like the profile and there is a flaw in the tip (not ground down enough so too thick). What I would really like is a knife with the shape and build quality of a Togiharu Inox but made in CN steel. Now that would be a great beginner's knife.

Btw, I would be amazed if the Wusthof Grand Prix II series is really as hard as 58. Sometimes, retailers post 'puff' info on things like hardness which isn't very reliable.

I hear you Seb the Togiharu Inox was my first stainless knife in many yrs.I ended up giving it to my niece she cooks all the time for 3 little ones & her husband.I really liked the thin profile behind the edge,you can feel it drop off toward the cutting edge.Makes it easy to sharpen as well.When I bought it the 240 was 100.00,it has gone up since.

Have rehandled both Fujiwara's FKH & FKM.Also the Carbonext.I sold both Fuji's to cooks.For the price they hold up well in a pro Kitchen.The Carbonext I have been using at home,I can see why this knife has a following,like the steel.

You could always thin the crap out of it like Cadillac did wt. the thinned convex edge he put on it I'll bet it's a great cutter.I did the same thing with a Artiflex tall 240 gyuto AEB-L steel.Thinned halfway up the blade,elbow grease wt. 140 Atoma plate,took it to a 10K Naniwa SS polish.It cuts waaay better than the profile it came with.Now I have to do something wt. the short little handle.

Latest posts

Back