Carmelized onions and meatballs

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDPslice

Reaction score
So I have a confession, I have been addicted, almost since my beginning of my culinary arts gong fu shui. To caramelized onions borderline fetish but always safe and usually sanitary.

I was makin some 'balls the other day and I was thinking, what should I make. I usually go for classic simple even Italian nyc-esk but this time I said no to that a no to Swedish (my second fav), so perky and creamy. Meoowww...but I digress. So this time I basically went with the NYC Italian, heavy on the parsley and parma (from the can, jk) and threw in 6 large vadellias taken to that perfect dark sweet sappy goodness.

I dedicate this thread to those with meatball stories or caramelized onions in every way. Anybody make a CO icecream?

If you like carmelized onions then you'll love this pasta. Simple but amazingly delicious.

https://food52.com/blog/12067-james-beard-s-braised-onion-pasta

Yea I've done that, I didn't know it was a Beard recipe, I've done it with a little bit of cream and lemon to make a white sauce type thing.

I love caramelized onions so much I usually have a qt container constantly in my fridge that I just scoop some out and chuck into something. I haven't had an issue with it going bad but each qt doesn't last more than two weeks.

Last edited:
never tried that before, always went with raw onion. i'll give it a go next time.

Nice! I use my cooked fermented oatmeal as my binder. If mine is too liquid I just grind some oats into a powder and add it to the liquid to get the consistency I like.

Back