Carter on Reddit.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha that's awesome! The one he posted is pretty gorgeous in person. Jason up front at the store was handing all the new neck knives to me yesterday while he was taking pictures for the website. I almost bought one as well. The kurouchi has hammered detailing in it. It's a really nice touch.

agreed- coming from an industry that's well behind the standard of new marketing, I applaud murray for this

Don was popular on reddit not too long ago. Maybe the student taught the master something on his recent visit to Murray's.

I think as far as kitchen knives go, Murray doesn't need much help in that department. We keep him pretty much empty all the time. :lol:

For hunting knives, the big makers definitely engage in social media marketing. Glad Murray's getting in on this. He even asked me if I was going to post the photos I took of him finishing my nakiri on Facebook. I said I would on KKF and that I hadn't thought about it on Facebook, but that I would. His reply was "Good." Haha! I'll do whatever I can to support them. Great group of guys.

Interesting Murray calls himself the only Japanese trained Gaijin knifemaker in the world. He is tending to over look Arnon Kartmazov's 12 years of training in Japan. And Arnon is also in the Portland area.

Interesting Murray calls himself the only Japanese trained Gaijin knifemaker in the world. He is tending to over look Arnon Kartmazov's 12 years of training in Japan. And Arnon is also in the Portland area.

When I was asking Murray about single bevel knives, he said that Arnon is one of the very few people over here who have actual experience with making single-beveled knives in Japan.

Any kitchen knife content on reddit is welcomed with open arms. Don's posting on reddit got me here a year or so ago.

One of my videos found it's way on reddit and got almost a million views.

I was like what the F is reddit?

I don't get the attraction of reddit either, terrible layout and looks and very confusing and hard to use.

What kind of videos do you make? Link? :)

Back