Carter's Honest Edge Ranch

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep hearing people in my circles say things like "I can't afford it but you know there are people in NYC that have more money than brains that will probably sign up!" My question is are there really a deep pool of rich people looking for a chance to spend $10,000 on spending a week with Murray? I tend to think some people in the knife business over estimate the more money than brains angle-with maybe the exception of Kramer stuff.

Ha! I can't imagine any affluent knife collector in NYC willing to sign up—they'd likely be put off by the 'Tactical Shooting' activities—majority of us in NYC are trying our damndest to limit the numbers of guns!

It's a retreat that'll probably appeal to rich knife enthusiasts from other, more gun friendly states like Texas, Florida, Virginia, etc.

Personally, I like the knife forging aspect, the opportunity to here the man speak of knives, etc. But, like I said, too rich for my blood.

Ha! I can't imagine any affluent knife collector in NYC willing to sign up—they'd likely be put off by the 'Tactical Shooting' activities—majority of us in NYC are trying our damndest to limit the numbers of guns!

It's a retreat that'll probably appeal to rich knife enthusiasts from other, more gun friendly states like Texas, Florida, Virginia, etc.

Personally, I like the knife forging aspect, the opportunity to here the man speak of knives, etc. But, like I said, too rich for my blood.

I'll add you to that column of "I can't afford it but I think there are rich people" :)

Falling within the urbanite demographic here, I'm not at all against learning to shoot. But its more the 'tactical' addition that leaves a poor taste in my mouth, where it feels like we're practicing to shoot people not deer. He'd be much better off if advertising to the demographic taking off the silencers and having wooden stocks.

In the spirit of collaboration, this knife is going to be hand forged by both myself, as the master smith, and you as the guest. We are gonna forge that together. Laminate the steel. You are going to quench it in the water. Grind it on the rotating water stones. And then we're going to go out and try cutting all sorts of different things with it

... Tactical stabbing....?

diVf57o.jpg

Falling within the urbanite demographic here, I'm not at all against learning to shoot. But its more the 'tactical' addition that leaves a poor taste in my mouth, where it feels like we're practicing to shoot people not deer. He'd be much better off if advertising to the demographic taking off the silencers and having wooden stocks.
I’d agree with that! I’m not against gun, just didn’t respond to the meta language in a positive way.

he used to do knife centric tours of japan that seemed interesting

I'll start a budget Australian version. Instead of shooting, you can throw rocks at empty beer bottles. We can work together to fix my garden. And if we're not to drunk, you can forge something too.
Only $5,000 per person!
Two questions:
1) Do we get to do the Dundee knife line at the end of the forging process?
2) Do we get to fight a crocodile with said knife to prove our anatomical adequacy?

I'll start a budget Australian version. Instead of shooting, you can throw rocks at empty beer bottles. We can work together to fix my garden. And if we're not to drunk, you can forge something too.
I'm 13km from you, sadly, so can't get there yet :-(

Only $5,000 per person!
US$5000

1) Do we get to do the Dundee knife line at the end of the forging process?
2) Do we get to fight a crocodile with said knife to prove our anatomical adequacy?
I vote yes and yes

Who’s the caterer? @juice ?
Burgers and steaks! Full breakfasts!

And @Michi!
Not everyone is Keto
Yeah, that's a better idea overall

@Byphy would probably agree 🙃

I assumed that anyone who says "that's not a knife..." even ironically, would be immediately ejected without refund
No, I hear it quite a bit, you'd be pretty safe. Aussies are very good at taking the piss out of themselves.

Keto friendly...
Mmm, yeah, that's worth cleaning up a garden for.

"Ten Knife Nerds Enter, One Knife Nerd Leaves"
Remember, it's Australia, the wildlife would probably kill the final one anyway.

Back